Tomato "Gulliver" - an early ripe determinant variety of tomato, according to its characteristics - for greenhouses and film greenhouses. In the southern regions of the country can be cultivated in the beds. Although the tomato has been developed recently by breeders, it is already popular with gardeners for high yields and unpretentious care. The plant according to the description has a low bush up to 70 cm, perfectly gets used to extreme conditions and has tasty, juicy fruits.
Description and characteristics of tomato Gulliver
The plant is recommended to form in 2 or 3 stalks. Due to carpal development, the branches become heavy during the ripening of the fruit, so they need to be tied up.
Fruit formation occurs on the 80th day from the day the first shoots appear, and tomatoes are fruited from July to October. With proper care from the bush can be collected up to 7 kg a tomato.
Fruits are red with a dense peel 10-12 cm long fruit. Tomatoes variety "Gulliver" - a cylindrical shape, with a rounded top, fleshy, large size.
Weight can reach from 130 to 200 grams. Fruits retain their shape well, do not crack, easily tolerate transportation. Delicate, juicy flesh has a pleasant, sweetish taste. The fruits are great for blanks in the form of tomato paste, lecho, juice and simple salting.
The fruits of Gulliver have a cylindrical shape and their weight is 130-200 grams
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
The variety “Gulliver” was bred not so long ago, but it already had a reputation among gardeners and, undoubtedly, it has its merits:
- It has high yield, from individual bushes up to 7 kg,
- Minimal care. The tomato is unpretentious during growth, not prone to disease, so it does not need to be further processed,
- The fruits are great for salads, juice, sauce, and at the same time suitable for whole fruit preservation,
- Due to its early maturation, the plant can avoid blight by blight.
The disadvantages include the fact that requires constant garter of fruit-bearing branches and weak pollination in greenhouses in inclement weather.
The soil and its requirements for planting seeds
When planting seeds, gardeners usually buy ready-made soil for tomatoes in stores. But for various reasons, it is not always done this way: someone does not trust the purchased mixture in the store, someone lives far from the stores.
For planting seed varieties for seedlings, you can use ready-made soil
When self-preparation of the nutrient mixture, you must comply with certain requirements for it. It is desirable to prepare the soil from autumn. To do this, prepare the ingredients, mix them and leave the ground in a cold place. Freezing the soil, we thereby disinfect it. For disinfection, you can also steam or pour boiling water.
For planting seeds, the soil must be:
- Fertile. It should be added the optimal amount of organic matter and minerals,
- With a neutral level of acidity and live microflora,
There are many recipes for ground composition for planting seeds, here are a few of them:
- One part of the earth is mixed with the same amount of humus, sod land and mix everything. Then in 10 liters of water we dissolve 10 grams of urea, 30 grams of superphosphate and 25 grams of potassium sulfate and pour the prepared soil to moisture.
- Two parts of the turf land mixed with one part of the humus and add one part of the river sand there. Then add half a liter of wood ash to this composition and mix everything by watering with water to a moisture.
Planting seeds and features of growing seedlings
Due to the fact that the grade early maturingSeeds need to be sown for 80-90 days before the start of ripening. To seedlings grow faster, you need to let the seeds hatch. To do this, put them on a damp cloth, then in a plastic bag and put them in a warm place on the battery, periodically checking the humidity.
Seeds show sprouts usually for 4-5 days. After you have prepared the nutrient mixture and seeds, you need to start planting directly. To do this, pour in a plastic container drainage in the form of expanded clay, then the ground and pour it.
We sow seeds in each container two each for warranty. At the same time, for convenience, pre-make indentations. We cover with a film and expose on the window sill, on the lighted place. As soon as the seedlings appear, the film must be removed.
Planting seedlings in the ground
The variety “Gulliver” is early ripe and it is intended mainly for for planting in greenhousesso we’ll dwell on this. It is better to renew the ground in the greenhouse and then process it with copper sulphate (30 grams per bucket of water). Ventilate the greenhouse, then dig up the ridge with humus.
Planting of Gulliver’s seedlings should be carried out in the greenhouse.
Fresh manure can not be added to the soil in spring, since all the nutritional power will go to the tops. Can be planted in an unheated greenhouse May 15-20when the temperature there will be about 25 degrees.
Seedlings before planting need temper. To do this, take it 4-5 days into the air, gradually increasing the time.
The best time for seedlings is a period of one and a half months, since during this time the root system manages to form well. Holes do the traditional pattern 45 × 50 cm. When planting, it is important not to deepen the growth point in the ground (approximately 15 cm). After transplantation, the plants must be watered abundantly, but not to damp.
To get a good crop of tomatoes, you need to comply with certain agricultural techniques in this case. By this is meant:
- Hilling. Spud the first time you need on the 10th day after planting, then do it every two weeks,
- Loosening. Constantly monitor the root system so that the soil around it is always loose,
- Masking. Regularly remove the axillary inflorescences, after forming a bush on one, two or three branches,
- Watering. It is necessary to water as the soil dries, in the evening and with warm water (heated in a barrel).
The first time do fertilizing phosphorus in 2-3 weeks after transplanting. The second time ammonium nitrate - during the formation of the fruit.
Diseases and prevention of tomatoes
In greenhouses, when growing tomatoes, are especially dangerous caterpillars gnawing scoop. They can be collected manually, or processed infusion wormwood. Also a lot of trouble happens from the whitefly. Its larvae stick to the bottom of the leaf.
To combat them, use the drug: 10 ml of the drug Phosbecid in 10 liters of water. Other diseases, such as phytophthora and brown spot. They also need to fight in time with certain compositions.
Growing a crop is not an easy task for a gardener. The main thing is to observe the necessary conditions for plant growth and understand the patterns of their development. But the time will come, and you will certainly have a bountiful harvest.
Gulliver variety description
The variety of tomatoes Gulliver refers to the early ripening. Fruits ripen en masse in 95-105 days after the seeds have been sown. The plant is semi-determinant, medium. The height is rarely more than 120 centimeters in greenhouse conditions. The average growth rate for open ground - 70 centimeters. The grade is recommended equally for cultivation in an open ground and cultivation in the hothouse environment.
The plant can be selectively or pinpread, or not at all. Formation of the height of the bush by pinching the tops is also not necessary. If the stem is formed, then in two - three trunks on open ground and in one - two - in the greenhouse. Tying to the support is recommended.
The fruits have the shape of an elongated cream and a classic red color. At the stage of full consumer maturation, they weigh about a hundred grams and have an excellent taste. Fruits are sweet, with a barely perceptible sourness, very fragrant with a pleasant consistency of flesh.
These tomatoes are great for fresh consumption. Of them prepare juices and sauces. They are also ideal for whole-canning.
Due to the early ripeness and friendly return of the fruit, the variety manages to avoid damage to tomatoes by late blight. The yield is above average - up to 3.5 kg per plant.
Sowing seeds for seedlings spend 50-55 days before planting. There are six plants per square meter.
Tomato "Gulliver": description, characteristics and photos of the variety
Tomato "Gulliver" - a new, but already popular among gardeners, early ripe high-yielding variety tomato. Tomatoes ripen together and are ideal for cooking and harvesting for the winter. The variety of domestic breeding, mainly intended for planting in greenhouses and greenhouses.
However, in areas with warm weather conditions, it can be immediately planted even in open ground, although a little later. "Gulliver" perfectly adapts to adverse climatic conditions, and even in extreme conditions, fastens tasty beautiful fruits.
Drought-resistant and heat-resistant, also tolerates a decrease in air temperature.
"Gulliver" perfectly adapts to adverse climatic conditions
- 1 Description of the variety
- 2 Benefits
- 3 Agrotechnics
- 4 Care
Shrubs "Gulliver" grow small, up to 70 cm with a moderate leaf mass. Gardeners are recommended to form 2 or 3 stalks. Fruiting branches are quite heavy, they require tying.
Tomatoes begin to ripen amicably at 80-85 days after the first shoots, the whole fruiting cycle lasts from July to September.
With proper care from one tomato bush can collect up to 7 kg of tomatoes.
The inflorescence is simple, with 5-6 tomatoes hanging on it, with an average length of 10-12 cm. Description of fruits: red, low-seeded, with a dense skin, fragrant.
They have a very beautiful cylindrical shape with a rounded tip, fleshy, large, weighing 120-200 g (some can reach 500-800 g), do not crack, can be stored unchanged for up to 4 weeks and tolerate transportation.
Gentle juicy pulp has a great soft taste, has a high content of sugars and vitamins.
Tomato pulp Gulliver dense and tender
Gulliver’s very dense and tender pulp of the tomato, when cut, does not drop a drop of juice - ideal for salads, can be cut into cubes and rings.
Great for making ketchup, thick juice, soups, tomato paste, lecho, or regular pickling.
The variety is one of the few suitable for natural drying in the sun or in the oven with a temperature range of 30-40 degrees.
For planting any suitable fertile soil is not heavy. The best predecessors on earth are cucumbers, cabbage, onions, carrots, and beans.
Any moderately fertile soil is suitable for planting.
Seeds for seedlings should be planted from early March to early April, depending on the planting region. It is necessary to calculate the landing time so that 60-70 days have passed before transplantation. The best option is light soil with humus or peat.
You can pre-wash the seeds in a solution of weak potassium permanganate and soak in any growth promoter (usually sold in stores for gardeners). Depth seeding - 2-3 cm. Usually they are sown in a container. After landing, the containers are covered with a film on top and left in a warm place.
After the emergence of sprouts, they need an abundant bright light, so sometimes the plants have to illuminate the lamp.
Watering is done with warm water, which it is desirable to pre-defend from a watering can or spray. In the phase of 1-2 leaves is picks. Fertilizer seedlings need to be fed 2-3 times. The first time you need to feed the liquid complex fertilizer, and the second - before planting. A week before the planned disembarkation, seedlings can begin to harden.
At the age of 55 to 70 days, the tomato bushes are planted in the ground. It is necessary that the threat of frost has passed - usually the second half of May. If it lands under the film, the landing can be made 20 days earlier. The seedlings are planted according to the scheme - 70 cm by 30-40 cm or 50 cm by 30-20 cm. One tablespoon of complex mineral fertilizer is poured into the well.
At the age of 55 to 70 days, tomato bushes are planted in the ground
Plants form as they grow in two or three stems, which are tied to stakes. They need watering only with warm water at least once every 5-7 days.
Watering is done as the top layer of the soil dries to a crust. Branches with increasing load on them are tied to a support.
Top dressing is done for all the time three or four times, mineral potash and phosphate fertilizers should be alternated with organic matter.
Tomato "Gulliver" is undemanding, resistant to rot, viral infections and fungal infections, but with excessive thickening, all sorts of diseases can occur.
To avoid them, airing, mulching, removal of lower greens are necessary. Young growths should sometimes be sprayed with copper-bearing agents, phytosporin and weak pink manganese.
Damaged leaves should be removed immediately.
In greenhouses, greens can be affected by thrips, aphids and spider mites. To prevent their spread will help weed control and regular airing.
Plants that aphid has already struck, should be washed with soapy water. Insecticides are designed to combat mites. Shrub will be enough to process two or three times in a few days.
As soon as fruiting begins, any treatment with toxic drugs should be stopped.
Variety - the harvest itself generosity. With proper cultivation, it will give you a magnificent tasty bountiful harvest, which will delight the eye and stomach all year round.
Characteristics and description of a variety of tomato Gulliver, its yield
Choosing seeds for planting in the new season, pay attention to the tomatoes Gulliver, selection Myazinoy LA They are distinguished by precocity, good adaptability to temperature and the shape of the fruit resembling pepper. The variety was tested in the Central Black Earth region and registered in the register of vegetable crops in 2009.
- 1 What does the real Gulliver look like
- 2 Recommendations for growing
It is necessary to immediately warn that on sale there are seeds of tomatoes Gulliver's Heart and a hybrid Gulliver F1, which are fundamentally different from the officially registered variety. In order not to be mistaken, let's take a closer look at the regular work of a famous breeder.
What does the real Gulliver look like?
Refer to the description of the variety and characteristics of tomato Gulliver, placed in the vegetable register.
- The variety is middle-ripening with a growing season of 100 days, recommended for cultivation in greenhouses and open ground in central regions of Russia.
- The plant is determinant, reaches a height of 120 cm, medium-sized, does not require the removal of stepsons.
- Leaf ordinary, smooth, medium size. The plant forms a simple inflorescence with 5-6 fruits.
- The fruits are two-chamber, with a small number of seeds, a cylindrical pepper shape. The thickness of the fruit is 4-5 cm and it is 10-12 cm long. The fruits are equal in size and have a mass of 94-116 g. The average yield is 3.5-4 kg from one plant.
- The flesh is firm, juicy, sweet tomato taste with lots of sugar and pectin. The skin is thin, smooth, red.
- Tomatoes universal purpose. Ideal for assorted blanks due to the unusual shape of the fruit and dense, fleshy pulp. Suitable for all kinds of salads and cooking convenience foods: mashed potatoes, juices, pastes, ketchups.
- This sort of tomato has good product characteristics, according to which it is stored for up to 4 weeks without losing an attractive appearance, and it tolerates transportation very well.
- The undoubted advantages of tomatoes Gulliver include resistance to root, vertex rot and late blight.
This is the main characteristics of the Gulliver variety of tomatoes. It remains to get acquainted with the agrotechnical features of its cultivation.
Recommendations for growing
Variety Gulliver has a number of advantages associated with good tolerance to high and low temperatures. These qualities are important if it is decided to grow plants outside and plant early in open ground. Bushes that do not require the formation and removal of stepsons, also cause less hassle.
- start sowing seeds 50-55 days before transplanting into the ground. Seeds are sown to a depth of 1.5-2 cm without any preparation,
- dive with the appearance of 1-2 permanent leaves. After a couple of weeks, the seedlings are fed,
- 7-10 days before the planned transplantation into the ground, seedlings for prophylaxis begin to harden,
- non-heavy, highly fertile soils prepared since autumn are suitable for growing,
- Plants are transplanted into the open ground in the first days of June, in the presence of a film cover - in the last decade of May. Landing layout 40 x 70 cm
- It should be borne in mind that under favorable conditions the plant grows up to 1.5 meters high. For reliability, the stem must be tied to a reliable support,
- Gulliver care for tomatoes is quite traditional: watering, weeding, loosening the soil. During the growing season, 3-4 selective feeding is carried out, in accordance with the condition of the bush.
From a small number of reviews, you can draw certain conclusions. The variety Gulliver has its advantages and disadvantages. Someone was expecting a higher yield, and somewhat disappointed. A female gardener shares her experience, noting that she planted a variety on the street and in a greenhouse, but collected almost the same number of tomatoes.
These tomatoes can be grown in the open, planted on the principle and no longer remember them. This contributes to disease resistance and short-term temperature extremes.
Early amicable ripening saves tomatoes from phytophthora. Note gardeners and decorative attractiveness of the bush. He decorates the site with his appearance.
Red icicles of tomatoes on a green background of foliage look very impressive.
Positive ratings deserve the quality and taste of Gulliver tomatoes, from which excellent winter harvesting is obtained. They look beautiful in whole-salted pickles and pickles, along with cucumbers, have a pleasant sweet taste in sauces and juices.
Tomato "Gulliver": reviews photo yield
Gardeners begin to choose tomato seeds in the winter. And as always, they become a dead end, since there are a lot of options. We suggest you pay attention to the tomato Gulliver. The variety is relatively young, created by the breeder L. A. Myazina. They tested a novelty in the Central Black Soil Region.
Gulliver was registered in 2009 in the State Register of the Russian Federation. Today there are other tomatoes with similar names: Heart of Gulliver and hybrid Gulliver F1. They have other properties and characteristics, so be careful and make no mistake.
That is why we talk about Gulliver tomato, give a description of the variety, as well as photos and reviews of those gardeners who have already experienced tomatoes on their plots.
Tomato Gulliver: variety description
The grade of the Russian selection, is intended for cultivation in greenhouses from polycarbonate or glass, in hotbeds and under a film. In regions with a warm climate, it is possible to land in open ground. Harvested fruits are well stored, tolerate transportation without any problems.
Gulliver - a high-yielding early ripe grade. Shrubs deterministic, compact, up to 70 cm in height. About indeterminant varieties read here. Sheet weight is moderate.
Formation in 2 or 3 stalks with the help of beefing is recommended, heavy branches with fruits require tying. Tomatoes ripen amicably, fruiting lasts from July to September. The yield is very good, with proper care from the bush can remove up to 7 kg of tomatoes.
You can compare the yield of a variety with others in the table below:
Among the main advantages of the variety:
- tasty and beautiful fruit,
- good yield
- tomatoes are suitable for salads and canning,
- disease resistance
- undemanding to growing conditions.
There are practically no flaws in the variety. The only difficulty is tying up heavy branches that can break under the weight of the fruit.
Characteristics of the fruit:
- The fruits are large, fleshy, very beautiful.
- The average weight of a tomato is about 200 g, but often larger specimens grow to 800 g.
- During ripening, the color changes from light green to deep red-pink.
- Tomatoes are elongated, cylindrical, with a rounded tip.
- The flesh is tender, juicy, sugary, seed pods are small.
- The dense glossy peel protects fruits from cracking.
The weight of the fruits of other varieties you can see in the table below:
The variety is suitable for making salads, soups, sauces, juices. Smooth, thin-skinned tomatoes are good for canning, they are salted, pickled, dried.
You have read the description of the tomato variety “Gulliver”, now the photo:
Features of growing
Seeds are sown on seedlings in early March, 60-70 days should pass before transplanting into the ground. Preferred light soil from a mixture of garden soil with peat or humus. Seeds before planting are soaked in a growth stimulator and sown with a depth of 2 cm.
Most often they are sown in a container, but it is also possible to plant in small peat pots. Individual packaging excludes subsequent picks. For better germination capacity cover film and placed in heat. You can use special mini-greenhouses.
After the sprouts appear, tomatoes need a bright light. In cloudy weather, the seedlings are illuminated with electric lamps. Sprouts sprinkled with warm settled water, preferably from a spray bottle or a small-caved leuke. After unfolding of 2-3 leaves, a picking is carried out. Seedlings are fed with liquid complex fertilizer, the second feeding is carried out before the transfer to a permanent place.
Planted in a greenhouse need in the second half of May. In each well poured on 1 tbsp. spoon complex fertilizer. During the season, the plants are fed 3-4 times, alternating potash and phosphate fertilizers with organic matter. How to prepare the soil in the greenhouse, read here. As for dressings, they are used as:
Watering is carried out every 6-7 days, in between, the top layer of soil should dry out. As the fruits ripen, the branches are tied to a support. For successful formation of ovaries, the formation of a bush in 2 or 3 stems is recommended.
Pests and diseases
The variety is insensitive to fungal and viral diseases. However, during the thickening of the landings, infections are possible. Warn them will help frequent airing, removing the lower leaves on the bush and mulching the soil.
It is useful to sprinkle young plants with phytosporin, pale pink solution of potassium permanganate and copper-containing preparations. Dried or damaged leaves and fruits are immediately destroyed.
In greenhouses, plants can be affected by aphids, thrips or spider mites. To prevent the occurrence of pests will help airing and timely destruction of weeds.
Plants affected by aphids are washed with warm soapy solution; insecticides will help to destroy the mite. Processing is carried out 2-3 times with an interval of several days. After the start of fruiting, it is prohibited to use toxic drugs
Gulliver is a good choice for greenhouse and greenhouse owners. Tomatoes need timely feeding and tying, with proper care, the plants will thank for their excellent yield.
General description of the variety
Tomato Gulliver refers to the early ripening middle-growing varieties. At 1 m 2 grows to 5-6 plants. Bushes reach a height of 70-120 cm. The best yield is formed if you leave 2 or 3 stalks. But the manufacturer does not recommend the pinch.
The fruits have a great taste. Their weight reaches 150 grams. They are beautiful, fleshy, juicy, sugary, with a subtle sourish flavor. The shape is cylindrical, elongated, with a rounded tip. The light green color changes to red-pink as the fruit ripens. Perfectly suited for use in salads, soups, sauces and so on. When cutting the fruits do not give juice. Due to the dense skin, they do not crack. Due to this, are well suited for canning.
The variety of tomato Gulliver can be planted on soils of different composition. The best option - light soil with the addition of peat or humus. The best predecessors for him are onions, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers.
Seeds are planted on seedlings 60-70 days before planting in the ground. It roughly corresponds to March. But it all depends on the climatic conditions of the region. Accelerate the germination of seeds in several ways. For example, they can be washed in a weak solution of potassium permanganate or in any growth promoter. Seeds are most often sown in a container to a depth of 2-3 cm. The container itself is covered on top with a film. Put it in a warm room.
Tomato seedlings need bright sunlight. Sometimes they have to be artificially illuminated. Watering is carried out regularly from a watering can or sprayer. The seedlings are fed several times.
At stage 1-2 leaves sprout dive. At the age of 60-70 days (this is about the middle of May), it can be planted in the ground. It is important that by this time all the frosts have passed. If the seedlings are planted under the film, it can be done 15-20 days earlier. Before planting, 1 tablespoon of mineral fertilizers is added to each well.
Tomato Gulliver forms 2-3 stems during growth. Because of the heavy branches of the plant must be tied to the stakes. When a crust forms on the surface of the soil, it is necessary to water it. This procedure should be at least 1 time per week. Feed bushes about 3-4 times in all time. Moreover, mineral fertilizers should be alternated with organic.
A few simple tips will help grow a tomato Gulliver. Reviews of gardeners say that this variety is not picky about care. For its cultivation, the simplest methods of care that are necessary for each plant, regardless of its type, are sufficient.
In addition to watering, feeding and timely weeding, it is necessary to conduct airing and cutting the lower branches. These activities will help protect the plant from pests. Additional treatment of bushes will help fight diseases.
How to choose the right grade
Each gardener gardener, choosing varieties of tomatoes for growing in polycarbonate greenhouses, based on the criteria established by their own experience. The first is the yield, resistance to diseases and pests, the size of the fruit, different height of the bushes, resistance to variable weather conditions. A very important feature to choose is the possibility of long-term storage and preservation, and, of course, the most important criterion is taste.
There are only two groups of tomatoes:
- mainly indeterminate varieties are grown in polycarbonate greenhouses. They require constant nip and garters, grow up to the roof of the greenhouse,
- determinant varieties of tomatoes should be chosen for growing in greenhouses in the northern regions.
Some gardeners believe that the higher the tomato, the greater the yield it gives. Tall varieties with large fruits - "King of Kings", "Miracle of the Earth", "King of Giants", "Uncle Stephen", "Khokhloma", "Scarlet Mustang", "Chukhloma". If you need varieties with even dense brushes of tomatoes, it is better to plant such as "Mon Amour", "Santa Claus", "Sprut".
Tall “Cherry Ira” and “Cherry Kira” are very good - they are not cherry babies, but even medium-sized tomatoes, affecting with the number of tomatoes per brush - up to 25-30 pieces. It looks luxurious in the greenhouses of polycarbonate “Bull's heart”, weighing 250 g, and in the brush of 5-7 pieces - pink tomatoes “Spam” and “Elephant”. I would like to try new varieties, because breeders are not asleep, they create various hybrids.
Such small varieties of F1 hybrids as “Frost”, “Gulliver” (fruits elongated like bananas), “Golden Mother-in-law”, “Extreme”, “Good fellow”, “Kindergarten” belong to small bushes. These are very strong, low bushes, amaze with productivity, an excellent presentation and precocity. All tomatoes are smooth and even, beautiful, as on selection, give the richest harvest.
Selection of varieties for conservation
Not all varieties grown in the greenhouse are suitable for conservation. For example, Bif large-fruited tomatoes will not decorate your blanks: they will smear on the pot and crack. Good varieties such as "Peter the Great", "Empress", "Empire", "Russian Empire" are all F1 hybrids grown in greenhouse conditions.
These varieties are not susceptible to diseases, their care is simple: timely watering, garter of the main stem and constant removal of the stepsons. These "royal" varieties are ideal for harvesting and storage. They can be transported over long distances and stored up to one and a half months.
Low varieties cultivated in polycarbonate greenhouses also behave well when preserved - these are the F1 hybrids "The Princess" and "The Iron Lady". Their dense brushes contain up to 12 hard perfect for harvesting fruits.
Varieties with great taste
The selection of tomatoes with excellent taste, grown in polycarbonate greenhouses, is huge. For example, you can grow varieties of "sunny tomatoes":
- “Yellow sugar” - the variety is very tasty, without sourness, bushes with a height of 80 cm, if properly maintained, in the greenhouse on one bush it matures up to 7 brushes with large fruits, weighing up to 1 kg,
- "Curative" is an indeterminate variety, up to 1.7 m high, powerful bushes. One shrub with proper care gives up to 10 kg of tomatoes, is a decoration of greenhouses. Perfectly showed himself in salads,
- Very tasty tomatoes, “for one bite”, “Cherry” crumbs, or cherry tomatoes, are also excellently grown in polycarbonate greenhouses. Children especially love them, these “tomato berries” are sweet to the taste, they are served not as vegetables, but as a dessert. They are used in the restaurant kitchen to decorate exotic salads. Preparations from cherry tomatoes are very tasty and aesthetic - they can tightly fill jars of pickles. These varieties are “Cherry Red”, “Cherry Amber”, “Cherry Cocktail”, “Cherry Pink”, “Pomissolka”, “Valentine”. There are 20-40 small bright fruits on a brush, which greatly decorates the greenhouse.
Selection of tomato varieties for ripening speed
Breeders offer varieties of hybrids ultra-early, which can mature 80-100 days after planting in the greenhouse. These are the varieties “Alpha”, “Don Juan”, “Benito F1”. In the conditions of a short and cold summer, such varieties as “Bullfinch”, “Taimyr”, and “Winter Cherry” are offered - these are superearly varieties with excellent taste.
Fight against diseases and pests of tomatoes
Attention! In order to preserve the tomatoes and increase the yield, they need to be sprayed with a bio-cocktail from a mixture of several preparations and the preparation HB, alternately from the beginning of the season until harvesting.
- if suddenly bushes without flowers appeared in the greenhouse, it was a mistake of the gardener - the window leaves did not open, no spraying of the bio-cocktail was performed,
- a vertex rot appeared on the tomatoes and ovaries were showered - the tomatoes in the greenhouse lack moisture. If snow did not get into the greenhouse in winter, there is no moisture reserve in spring, the soil in the greenhouse is not ground by a thick layer, then due to the lack of moisture, micro and macro elements are not absorbed,
- late blight is a serious fungal disease of tomatoes, which, if it has already begun, cannot be defeated by any folk remedies. To prevent phytophthora in the greenhouse, you can add ash to the soil, it alkalizes the soil, and mushrooms like an acidic environment,
Attention! Top dressing with ashes provides the plant with potassium and a full set of trace elements, this has a positive effect on the health of tomatoes and their resistance to diseases.
- if the phytophthora has already begun its development, then only chemical methods of influence on it can help. Apply the Bordeaux mixture, Hom, Oxy and others.