Who has ever tried homemade wine is likely to become its true connoisseur. In our selection of recipes, we consider the recipes for making black currant wine at home. Berry grows in almost every household plot. We will tell you how to keep the right proportions, stand and insist the wine as it should be. The end result will surely please you.
- ten kg black currant,
- fifteen liters of water
- five kg of granulated sugar.
Step-by-step recipe for homemade blackcurrant wine
Take and black currants from litter, do not wash, otherwise you will wash away the bacteria necessary for fermentation.
We take a rolling pin, tolkushku and crush the berries. This can be done by hand - as you prefer. The result is a slurry, in which there are no whole berries.
Now you need a special water thermometer. Heat the water to 25-30 C, pour two and a half pounds of sugar and dissolve it, mixing.
In a large pot add the resulting pulp of juice and pulp. Pour in sweet sugar syrup and mix.
Very important: do not fill the pan more than two-thirds. During fermentation, the wine material may spill out. You can use several containers at once.
Cover the pan with gauze folded twice and place in a dark place. The temperature in the room should not exceed 19-25 C. We withstand the wine material for four days, stir the wort several times a day so that it does not sour.
When you marked the first signs of fermentation, pour the liquid into a glass container. Pulp black currant squeeze. Pour another half kilogram of sugar. Stir.
Important: fill the glass container only 75%.
Install the water lock. You can also use an ordinary rubber glove. Pierce a finger and pull on the neck of the container.
Leave everything for a month and a half.
Five days from the start of the infusion, pour a kilogram of granulated sugar and mix. After five days we repeat the steps again.
As soon as you see that the glove is swollen, then the fermentation is over. Also, its end can be determined by the sediment at the bottom and clarification of the wort.
Drain the wine, getting rid of sediment. Try the taste. Now the wine must mature. Fill the glass container to the very edges, close with stoppers or lids.
Leave in a cool basement for a month.
Once every few weeks, drain the wine from the cage through a straw. Perform actions when the sediment reaches 3-5 cm.
By the end of ripening, the sediment is almost gone. When it is not at all - homemade black currant wine is ready. Bottled for long term storage. Keep the drink no more than three years. Approximate strength will make 10-12%.
To the note: if you want to make a better wine, add more granulated sugar. For a stronger wine, add water or alcohol, about 5-8% of the total volume of the prepared wine. We enter after the end of fermentation. This applies to additional sugar and alcohol.
Option 2: A quick recipe for homemade blackcurrant wine
This recipe is simple in preparing everything necessary for a delicious homemade wine. Of course, the process of fermentation and insistence has not been canceled. But the simplicity of the option is suitable for those who are preparing black currant wine for the first time.
- five kg of black currant,
- seven liters of water
- three kg of sugar.
How to quickly make a homemade blackcurrant wine
Heat a little water and dissolve half of the prepared sugar in it. Berries sort out and mash tolkushkoy in porridge.
Mix berry porridge and sweet syrup. Choose a container with a wide neck of a sufficiently large volume, which during fermentation did not spill anything. We do not take plastic or metal containers - wine, wort and berry juice absorb smells that cannot be disposed of.
Cover the container with a marlechka and leave it for 3-4 days in a dark and warm place. If you have a thermometer, check. To it was about + 20-23 C.
Once every two days, mix right by hand or with a wooden spatula.
As soon as the fermentation odor and gas bubbles appear, drain the wort from the sludge through a tube.
What remains of the berries, wring out. In the juice, stir the second half of the sugar and then pour everything into a glass bottle.
Put on the medical glove on the neck of the container, pierce your finger. Leave the container in a dark and warm place for one month.
Stir once a week. If the liquid turns out to be too acidic, add another 250-300 grams of sugar.
At the very end, the wine is decanted from the sediment and left for another two months in a cool place. When the glove is not pressed, the wine becomes lighter, and sediment forms at the bottom.
Again, decant from the sediment, pour into smaller bottles and cork tightly. Now homemade black currant wine is sent for long-term storage in the cellar.
Option 3: Semi-sweet homemade black currant wine
A very simple and clear version of the sweet homemade wine. Add some more raisins to add flavor. We can do without yeast, there are bacteria on freshly picked berries.
- five kg of black currant,
- three kilograms of sugar,
- seven liters of water
- One hundred grams of raisins.
Sort currants, but do not wash. It is necessary to grind to a state of gruel with a pulp or hands.
Dissolve in three and a half liters of water and a half kilogram of sugar. Pour raisins, black currants and stir.
Reserve for fermentation for three days. Just cover the container with gauze so that nothing gets into the liquid.
Squeeze the pulp, pour the juice itself into a glass container for fermentation. Pour the pulp again with sweet sugar syrup - leave for three days, then combine both liquids into one.
After five days, pour a faceted glass of wort through a straw. In it, dissolve the remaining sugar and pour it back into the glass container.
When the fermentation process is completed, gas will cease to form, sediment will appear, insist the wine in a cool place. Tara tightly shut.
When the wine becomes lighter, filter it from sediment and pour it into glass bottles for long storage.
Option 4: Dessert homemade black currant wine
This dessert wine is obtained approximately 12-14% of the fortress. The recipe is also quite simple, the main thing is to prepare in advance the container for fermentation, storage, tubules and rubber gloves - a standard set for making homemade wine.
- five kg of black currant,
- two kg of sugar
- two liters of water
- one hundred and fifty ml of wine sourdough.
How to cook
Since we use ready-made wine sourdough, black currants are not only sorted out, but also washed. Spread the berries on a clean cloth and let them dry.
Fold the berries into a large container and crush to a slurry. Pour in the leaven and mix.
Cook the sweet syrup from water and sugar. Cool to 30 ° C, measure the temperature with a special thermometer.
Fill the container with black currants and leaven, leave in a warm place. Cover the container with gauze folded twice.
For two days, insist, periodically mixing the mass. Then pass through the screw press. We need to squeeze the pulp well, and use the juice.
Pour into a large glass container for fermentation. Wear a rubber glove with a punctured finger or install a water seal.
When the fermentation process is over, and the wine becomes lighter - drain the juice from the sediment. Double filter and bottle. Tightly closed with stoppers or lids, remove for storage.
Option 5: Homemade black currant and raspberry wine
An interesting option for a delicious homemade table wine. This time we use not only blackcurrant, but also raspberries.
- two kg of raspberry,
- two kg of black currant,
- four kg of sugar
- water - how much will leave.
To preserve natural yeast on raspberries and currants, do not wash the berries. Browse and sort.
First pour the raspberries into a sterile glass bottle. Pour on top of one kilogram of sugar and put in a warm place so that the sun's rays fall on the bottle. We sustain a raspberry sourdough for five days.
After a specified time, pour the black currant in the same bottle. Pre-mash it into a mush in the way that suits you best.
Pour another kilogram of sugar. Fill with water so that it reaches the shoulders of the bottle.
The remaining space will fill up in the fermentation process.
To prepare the wort, mix the contents of the bottle and put on a glove or water seal. We put in an accessible place for the sun for two weeks.
After a specified time, remove the glove or the shutter, pour two kilograms of sugar and mix.
Cover again and leave to roam.
When fermentation is complete, proceed to filtering. We merge all through the folded gauze twice, again pour into a large bottle. We put on a sunny place for another two or three days.
In this case, do not wear a glove or bolt.
After three at the bottom of the bottle you will see a precipitate. Freeing wine from it through a straw.
Repeat the action every three days, until you get rid of the sediment completely.
Twice we filter home-made blackcurrant wine, spill it into clean bottles, remove to a cool place for three months for full maturity.
Option 6: Homemade blackcurrant wine with yeast
This time we will prepare homemade wine using wine yeast. The recipe is quite simple, the main thing is to follow all the proportions and the specified actions.
- seven kg black currant,
- nine kg of sugar
- up to 25 liters of water for wort,
- wine yeast packaging
- top dressing for yeast according to the instruction.
How to cook
Carefully select black currant from litter. Rinse well and transfer to a container. Make mashed berries with a crush, mixer or hands.
Dissolve half the sugar in hot water. Then cool to 21-24 C and pour in the berry puree.
We enter wine yeast, top dressing, as indicated on the package of yeast. Stir and cover with warm gauze for seven days.
Every day, mix the pulp with a spatula.
Strain the wort, squeeze the pulp. The resulting liquid is poured into a glass bottle, pour the second half of the sugar.
Stir and put on a glove or water seal.
Fermentation lasts about two to three weeks. When the glove is deflated, and at the bottom of the bottle you will see a sediment - pour, filtering, the wine into another clean container. Again we put a water seal and put in a cool place.
Insist two or three months, once a month, drain the sediment. At the end of the process, bottled, cork tightly and store. Somewhere in a year the taste will be simply amazing, and in 3-4 years it will be even better.
Option 7: Homemade black currant wine in a pressure cooker
If you use a pressure cooker to make homemade wine, you will quickly get berry juice. But the drink itself will be a little different, somewhat reminiscent of port wine. It turns out sweet and dense wine.
- two kg of black currant,
- one kg of black raisins,
- two and a half kg bananas,
- two and a half kg of sugar,
- three hours of pectin enzyme,
- three hours l citric acid
- three tablets of Campden,
- 11 liters of water
- six hours of feeding for yeast,
- wine yeast - according to the instructions.
Boil three liters of water. Peel bananas and cut into slices one centimeter wide.
Fold the black currants, raisins and banana slices into the pressure cooker. Pour in boiling water, close the lid and bring the pressure to 0.98 atm or 1.03 bar.
Tomim three minutes, then remove from heat and completely cooled.
Pour the prepared juice with sediment into the bottle. Add sugar and mix.
Pour in the remaining water and move it again.
Add citric acid, and crushed Campden tablets. Enter half of the yeast food and stir.
After twelve hours, we introduce a pectin enzyme, stir and wait another half day. Pour the yeast, stir and put in a warm place, covered with gauze.
Three days, mix the wort twice a day. Then we filter into a new glass bottle. Pour half of the remaining sugar and feeding for yeast.
Stir and set the water seal. Leave the container in a cool place. After thirty days, remove the sediment. Again, leave the same time. When the precipitate ceases to appear, put in the refrigerator for five days.
You can even sweeten, mix and put the water trap again. We withstand from six months in a cool place. Then bottled. You can already try or store. This wine can be stored up to six years.
Black Currant Wine: Ingredients List
Cooking a homemade wine drink is a complex and demanding process. It is very important to properly prepare all the ingredients.
You will need:
On average, a 10-liter bucket of berries can give about 1 liter of juice. On a 20-liter bottle, the average consumption is 3 kg of berries.
How to choose berries for homemade wine
To get a tasty and high-quality drink, it is necessary to carefully select berries for it. Carefully remove the rotten and immature fruit. Berries, the integrity of which is broken, are also not suitable for preparing a wine drink. It is necessary to remove small debris and branches.
Washing material It should be done only if it has a strong pollution. If the berries have insufficient juiciness, they are pre-pounded and brought to a jelly-like state.
When making black currant wine at home, it is important to follow the step-by-step instructions. Only with strict adherence to all recommendations can get a delicious drink.
The first step is to make a starter. Raspberries, strawberries, grapes or raisins are suitable for her. These berries will be an excellent basis for future wine. Their washing in water is not carried out, as this can destroy or wash away the wine bacteria. 200 g of berries must be placed in a glass container, add half a cup of sugar and 1 liter of water. The neck should be sealed with a cotton or gauze pad, then leave the bottle in a warm place. The temperature should not be below 22 ° С. After about 10 days, the mass will begin to ferment - this indicates the readiness of the leaven. To prepare 10 liters of black currant wine, you will need one and a half cups of sourdough.
The next stage is preparing pulp. Use the following proportion: 1 kg of mashed fruit per 1 cup of water. To obtain this mixture, it is necessary to combine the pure fruits of currants with warm water. Sourdough is added to the mixture and the container is filled to three quarters. The neck must be closed with a cloth and leave the vessel in a warm place for 3-4 days. During this time, the fermentation process must be activated. In order not to soured the pulp, you need to stir it periodically - at least 2-3 times a day.
The resulting juice must be sifted or gauze poured into thoroughly washed container from glass, it is good to wring out and dilute with purified water. After the mixture is stirred and again wring out. Liquid, which is formed after pressing, has the name "wort". It is necessary for the following steps.
In order for the wort to ferment properly, it is necessary to maintain a constant temperature constant 23 ° С. If the indicator is lower, there is a risk that fermentation will not happen at all, and if it is higher, the drink will ferment and the necessary strength will not be reached.
The mixture obtained from wort, water and granulated sugar is taken and the container is filled to three quarters. Such a gap is necessary for the formation of a water seal, which will prevent the penetration of air into the wine mass. If this happens, the drink will resemble vinegar to taste. To the fermentation process does not stop, you must periodically add to the mixture sugar. This is usually done in 2-3 days (100 g of granulated sugar is added to each liter of the wort), and then in a week. At this time, carefully observe how the gas bubbles out through the tube, which is immersed in a vessel with water.
Normally there should be 1 bubble in 20 minutes. Fermentation can take 20-30 days. To make the drink more carbonated, you need to stop fermentation ahead of time and proceed to the next stage of making wine. If you plan to get a non-carbonated drink, it is necessary that the fermentation process is completed independently.
Simple recipes for black currant wine, following all recommendations, can result in a very tasty drink.
One of the interesting and important stages is the clarification of the drink. To do this, the wine is lowered into the cellar or left in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Required watch behind the color change process. When you decide that the drink has acquired the desired color, you must separate the finished wine from the sediment by pumping it through a thin rubber tube into a carefully cleaned and dried container. After that, the water seal is fixed again and the bottle is placed in a cool place. The air temperature indicator should not be higher than 10 ° С. After settling the thickening it is necessary to perform filtration.
At the last stage, wine is bottled. To do this, use glass bottles, which are carefully sealed and left in a cool place.
Terms and conditions for storing wine
Now you know how to make blackcurrant wine with a simple recipe that allows you to enjoy the original taste of the drink. But in order to be able to savor it and after a while, you need to know how to properly store it. It is important to observe several beverage storage conditions, which we describe below.
- Low temperature: the wine drink is best preserved at low temperatures. If you keep it in an apartment, you need to find a place located away from heating appliances and the rays of the sun. It is best to store bottles in the cellar, but not everyone has such conditions. The ideal air temperature is about 14 ° C. Also in the room should be maintained high humidity.
- Lack of sunlight: it is important that light does not enter the container.
- The horizontal position of the bottles: this is necessary so that the cork is constantly wetted with wine. If it dries out, there is a risk that the container will leak.
- Calm: it is important that the bottles are still - any shaking has a negative effect on the aroma of the wine.
With proper conditions, homemade wine can wait a long time for the case when it is decided to try it. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 years. However, too long periods of time lead to the withering of the drink.
Black currant wine is made mainly “for itself”, and it does not stagnate for too long. In any case, this drink, which has a tremendous taste, will certainly decorate any feast.
- Black currant 3 Kilogram
- Water 2 Liter
- Sugar 500 Grams
Currant we will sort out - we will throw out all the leaves, twigs and extraneous garbage. It is not necessary to wash the berries - there are yeasts on their surface that contribute to the fermentation process.
Prepare the pulp: add the berries into the pan and knead in any convenient way. Add a liter of water, mix and leave for 4 days. Periodically we will stir the pulp.
After the specified time we filter the pulp through a sieve or cheesecloth, add another 1 liter of water, mix.
Pour into clean, dry bottles, add sugar. We put a glove with a pierced finger on each one and put it in a cool dark place for a month and a half.
Remove the finished wine from the sediment, pour into small bottles, tightly clog and store in the cellar.
Useful properties of black currant wine
Homemade currant wine is a useful drink, a source of vitamins C, P, E, K, group B. The wine is rich in zinc, copper, potassium. The high content of tannins, esters helps the body to fight against infectious diseases, to remain healthy and active for a long time. Blackcurrant drinks and other products have the ability to remove toxins from the body. Also noted is the positive effect of black currant dessert wines on the human immune system.
How to make currant wine
A variety of recipes leads to the question: how to make blackcurrant wine? Manufacturing methods differ more in the products used, but not in the order of operations. Most fruit wines are prepared with the addition of sugar, natural yeast. To maintain and control the fermentation at the neck of the bottle, where the drink will be infused, hydraulic locks (special or homemade from medical gloves) are put on. Tara is stored in a dark cool place in the cellar.
What berries to choose
The fruits that will be used to make wine from black, white currant, do not have to be fresh. The use of last year's crop of currants, jam, frozen berries, currant juice is allowed. To improve the taste in some recipes recommend adding raspberry, cherry, grape leaves. It is believed that homemade currant alcoholic drink from fresh sour berries turns out the most delicious.
Useful properties and qualities
Black currant contains a large amount of vitamin C. Wine made from currants does not lose vitamin properties.
The main advantages of berries
- high content of various vitamins and minerals
- is a natural antioxidant
- beneficial effect on blood vessels, strengthening and making them more elastic,
- strengthens the body's immune forces
- cooked wine retains all the beneficial properties
- homemade black currant wine naturally, does not contain various impurities and dyes.
Homemade wine making process
There are many recipes for black currant wine at home. If you like dry wine, you need to put sugar less than the norm. And if you sweeten a little more than the norm, you get a great liqueur.
Cooking wine is a hard work. It is necessary to be patient in advance. For starters, try a simple recipe.
Traditional standard formulation
- black currant 10 kg
- sugar 5 kg
- water 15 liters.
The recipe for black currant wine is as follows
- The first stage consists in chopping the berries. Currants can not be washed, otherwise washed away raid. Surface bacteria allow the formation of yeast, and the wine begins to ferment. Berries need to grind quality, crush every berry. You can do it with your hands (better with gloves). Some prefer a mixer or rolling pin. It is important to prevent contact of the berries with aluminum.
- Water should be heated to 40 ° C. Add half a serving of sugar to warm water, stirring until completely dissolved. Get a sugar syrup.
- Combine mashed berries with syrup. Syrup should not be hot. The optimum temperature is 25 ° C. It should be noted that the container should be about 1.5 times larger than the berry wort. During the fermentation period, the berry mass will rise and significantly increase in volume.
- Now you need to cover the container with woven material or gauze. Raw materials must be put in a dark place. The optimum temperature during this period is 20-24 ° C. Within 3-4 days the wort only needs to be stirred 2 times a day. Otherwise, the mass will simply sour.
- On day 4-5, fermentation is evidently evident, foaming and a sour smell are observed. Beforehand it is necessary to prepare a glass bottle. It should be very well washed and dried. Carefully pour the liquid part of the wine mash.
- The remaining oilcake is carefully pressed using gauze or the press and is no longer needed. The resulting filtered liquid is mixed with 500g of sugar and added to the total capacity. The liquid obtained is recommended to taste. If desired, you can add another 50-150 grams of sugar (in the form of syrup, as was written earlier).
- The capacity for the continuation of fermentation is filled to no more than 75%. It is very important! During this period, not only foam will be formed, but also carbon dioxide.
- A medical glove is put on the neck of the bottle. A small hole is made in one of the fingers. The glove will inflate as carbon dioxide forms. So you can follow the correctness of the fermentation process. Excess gases will flow into the hole.
But it is better to make a water trap.
- Then the bottle is placed in a room with an average temperature of 23 ° C. Wine is prepared at this stage from one to one and a half.
- 5 days after the container is closed, the wine liquor in the amount of up to 1 liter should be drained into a separate container and mixed thoroughly with 1 kg of sugar. After the sugar is dissolved, the resulting liquid into a common bottle. After 5 days, the procedure should be repeated, adding the last portion of sugar.
It is important to bear in mind that if after 50 days the wine continues to ferment, then it is neatly poured through a tube into a similar container and continues to ferment under the same conditions, but already without wort (sediment). Otherwise, black currant wine will be noticeably bitter.
Final stage of preparation
After the glove was blown off, and the wort slid noticeably bright, it is necessary to pour the wine. It is best to perform such manipulations with the help of a dropper tube.
After getting a beautiful red wine is worth a try. Some prefer to add more sugar, others add alcohol or vodka. Wine in this case is stored without problems and longer, but the taste is much tougher.
Some winemakers prefer to fill the bottle to capacity, re-install the water seal, put the container in a dark cool place for up to 2 months. Others just shut up. Novice winemakers are better off using a water seal, since it is difficult for a beginner to determine at this stage whether the fermentation period is completely over. If the wine continues to ferment beneath the cork, the container will simply explode.
After three weeks, the wine is filtered through a straw. Then filtering is carried out as sediment occurs. As soon as the sediment stops forming, the wine is bottled and tightly closed with lids. Bottles should be used exclusively from glass. The use of plastics is not acceptable.
The recipe for homemade currant wine can be tailored to your taste. But it is better to experiment already, when there is some experience in home winemaking.
Stored homemade wine in a dark cool place for 2-3 years, if you do not neglect all the rules of preparation and storage.
Blackcurrant does not lose its useful qualities in the freezer. Therefore, if spring remains of currant are found in the freezer, then you can prepare wine from frozen currants. But red currant is rarely used and only in a mixture with other berries, as it does not have a strong aroma and taste.
Frozen Currant Recipe
Should know how to cook, in this case. The cooking process is quite similar to the previous one. But when defrosting, the berries do not possess those natural yeast bacteria. It is necessary to add either yeast or a handful of raisins.
For 1 kg of black currant is taken 500 ml of water and sugar 500 grams
- berries are thawed and crushed using a blender or meat grinder,
- water is added to the puree,
- mix the berry mass with sugar, you can use more sugar, but you need to take into account that in this case the wine will be stronger,
- add a large handful of raisins, you can not wash the raisins (it has wine yeast),
- the liquid is put in a dark warm place for about a week, but not more
- after the liquid is filtered,
- pour wine into 3 liter jars, put on rubber medical gloves, after making a small hole,
- wine in this form should be in the previous conditions for another 3-4 weeks.
Currant homemade wine is considered ready as soon as the liquid becomes a pure, not muddy red hue.
Great wine is obtained from other homemade berries. Excellent wine can be made from grapes. It is only necessary to use wine varieties.
Grape red guilt prepared from varieties of Vesta, Alpha, Szabo, Isabella and others.
For white grape wine used such varieties as Aurora Magaracha, Zigerebe, Muscat Odessa, varieties of the Chardonnay series.
In any case, what kind of berry does not choose for home winemaking, the advantages are quite obvious.
This is a wonderful taste and variety. Available natural raw materials, which every year at hand in the required quantity.
The main naturalness, safety and medicinal properties of home wine drink.
Black Currant Wine Recipe
- black currant berries - 10 kg,
- sugar - 5 kg,
- water - 15 liters.
1. Go through the currants by removing the spoiled, under-ripened and moldy berries. You can not wash, on the surface of the fruit are yeast, which water can wash off and the wort does not ferment.
2. Grind currants with your hands or a wooden rolling pin, each berry should be crushed.
3. Dissolve half the sugar (2.5 kg) in water warmed to 25-29 ° C (15 l).
4. Mix currant pulp (juice and pulp) with the obtained sugar syrup in a container with a wide neck (pan or bucket). The container should not be filled with more than 2/3 of the volume, otherwise the wort may spill out during fermentation.
5. To tie a neck with gauze (protection against insects) and put for 3-4 days in a dark warm place - the optimum temperature is 18-25 ° C. To the wort is not sour, it should be 1-2 times a day to mix with a clean hand or a wooden stick.
6. After 3-4 days, when there are signs of fermentation (hissing, sour smell), drain the juice from the sediment into a glass bottle.
7. Press pulp (pulp) through cheesecloth, then add 500 grams of sugar to the resulting liquid, mix and pour currant syrup into the bottle with fermented juice. A minimum of 25% of the volume should remain free, since space is needed for foam and carbon dioxide.
8. Install a water seal or medical glove with a hole in the finger on the container neck.
Wine under the water gate
9. Transfer the container to a room with a temperature of 18-28 ° C and leave for 30-50 days.
10. After 5 days from the moment of installation of the water seal, pour 0.5 liters of the wort into a separate container, add 1 kg of sugar, mix, pour the resulting sugar syrup back into the fermentation tank and close with a hydraulic lock. After another 5 days, repeat the procedure, adding the remaining sugar (1 kg).
If more than 50 days have passed since the beginning of fermentation, and the wine continues to ferment, you need to pour it through a straw into another container, leaving sediment at the bottom. Then put the modify under the same conditions. A long stay on the draft can cause bitterness.
11. After the end of active fermentation (the glove was blown off, the water lock does not allow bubbles, the wort brightens, sediment appears at the bottom) the young black currant wine is drained from the sediment through a thin tube (from a dropper). Taste, add sugar for sweetness if desired, or fix with vodka or alcohol (2-15% of the volume). Fortified wine is stored better, but tastes harder.
12. It is advisable to fill the wine container to the top to minimize contact with oxygen, put it under the water lock and transfer it to a cool place (basement) with a temperature of 5-16 ° C. Maintain a minimum of 60 days (the longer the better).
Some winemakers recommend not to install a water seal, but to seal the bottle with a cork. But if the fermentation has not yet fully ended (it can be difficult for newcomers to determine this), there is a risk that carbon dioxide will rupture the capacity.
13.First, once in 20-25 days, then less often, as sludge 2-5 cm thick appears, filter the wine by pouring it through a straw.
14. When the precipitate no longer appears, the finished drink can be poured into glass bottles and tightly closed with stoppers.
Black currant wine after 3 months
Homemade black currant wine is best stored in a cool dark place. Shelf life - 2-3 years. Fortress - 10-12%.
Red Currant Wine Recipe
Preparing exactly the same as the previous one. Only proportions, fermentation time and aging are different. In order not to repeat, I will give a schematic recipe, if something needs clarification, see the previous technology.
- water - 5 liters,
- sugar - 2 kg,
- red currant berries - 5 kg.
1. Go through the red currants, removing leaves, scallops, damaged and unripe fruits. Berries do not wash.
2. Mash currants (with your hands, a rolling pin or in a mixer).
3. Prepare a syrup by mixing warm (25-29 ° C) water and sugar (1 kg).
4. Pour the berry mass into a container with a wide neck, add sugar syrup and mix.
5. Tie neck with gauze, put for 3-4 days in a dark place with room temperature. 1-2 times a day to mix, drowning the popped pulp in the juice.
6. After the start of fermentation, filter the juice through cheesecloth, squeeze the pulp, pour into the fermentation tank (fill up to a maximum of 75% of the volume). Install a water seal or glove. Leave to ferment at 18-28 ° C for 20-45 days.
After 5 and 10 days add 500 grams of sugar according to the technology described in paragraph 10 of the previous recipe.
7. When the fermentation is over, drain the young wine from the sediment through a straw, add sugar to taste (optional) or fix with vodka (alcohol), install a water seal. Transfer the container (preferably filled to the neck) for at least 50-60 days to the basement for ripening.
8. Remove the wine from the sediment once 25-30 days (until it appears), pour the drink into bottles and tightly close with corks.
Red currant wine after 3 months
Shelf life homemade red currant wine - 1-2 years. Fortress -11-12%.
A bit of history.
The first mentions of black currant, as a medicinal plant, were recorded as early as the 15th - 16th century in Europe. Only a hundred years later, dessert qualities were recognized in it, they began to produce drinks, jams and wine.
In our time, berry has a particular popularity in Belarus. Prized for its unpretentiousness, the first good harvest brings already in the second year of disembarkation. During the whole, rather long life, about 20 years, the plant gives good yields. Easily tolerates frosts, easily takes root in different soils. It contains a good vitamin arsenal and a good microelement base. It has a sour - sweet taste with a light, astringent tongue, astringency.
But the main part of this tart berry goes to the wine, which is very tasty, and in small quantities, even healthy. It can be made at home, which many do. There are several ways of cooking, it all depends on the number of berries and patience. Consider the easiest and most affordable way to indulge yourself with this drink.
Currant wine at home - video recipe!
I recommend also to try stuffed champignons with cheese and tomatoes, they are cooked easily and simply in the oven.
That's all! Homemade black currant wine is ready! See you soon!
Regards, Alexey !
I am the administrator of this site and concurrently the author, in my free time I write articles related to the subject of the site. In 2015, I became interested in website building and making money on it. I studied many different courses, photoshop, html basics, seo and others. He independently learned to write optimized texts, in connection with this he became interested in the theme of the site. And now do not stop))
- granulated sugar (5 kg),
- black currant berries (10 kg),
- purified water (15 l).
- Berries can be collected on your garden plot or buy in the store. Of them need to make mash. To do this, take a wooden mortar and chop the fruit. You can do the same with your hands, without using tools.
- The next step is to make a syrup. To do this, heat the water and pour sugar into it to dissolve. Now you can lay the resulting syrup and pulp in a container (it is better to use glass containers). For this well suited bottle with a wide neck. The added ingredients should be mixed well with a spoon. After that, the bottle must be closed with a water seal.
- To ferment wine, you need to keep it in a cool place. Stir the wort 1 time in 2 days. If you notice that a cap has formed on the surface of the bottle, you need to stir up stirring up to 1 time per day so that the drink does not spoil.
- After about 7 days, the wort should have a sour smell, and the bubbles on the water trap will not start out so intensely. This will mean that it is time to remove the berry cake. To filter the excess, you can use a rubber tube (on the principle of two communicating vessels) or plain gauze.
- The resulting drink must be poured into a clean bottle and firmly close it with a cork so that it can stand in this state for several months. After two months, it will be possible to evaluate the taste of the resulting homemade wine. This ruby-colored wine is well suited for use on holidays with family or friends.
Perhaps you will be interested in the following topic: how to make wine from grapes.
Blackcurrant fortified wine
If you need to make a strong drink out of currants, then this recipe will be a great solution. At the exit should get a wine strength of 20%.
- sugar (1 kg),
- black currant (3 kg),
- alcohol (strength of 70%, 250 ml).
- First you need to sort out the berries, remove the twigs and leaves. Overripe and unripe currant berries are not suitable for wine, so you need to get rid of them.
- Take a large saucepan and pour currants there. Berry mash. Next you need a glass bottle. Put all the berries and sugar in layers. Next on the bottle you need to wear a water seal. The wort will have to be mixed periodically, and it should stand for several months.
- For fermentation to occur, the bottle with the composition must be stored at a temperature of 18-22 degrees in a dark place. The first samples can be removed after about a month and a half. The sour taste and lighter color of the wort are signs that filtration can begin. For filtering gauze or cotton wool is well suited.
- After filtration, a small precipitate may remain, which, in principle, will not affect the taste of the drink. But if this consistency does not suit you, filter the wine several more times. After that you can add alcohol to it. If the taste you do not have enough sugar, you can add it in the right quantity.
Black currant fortified wine is ready. Now you can pour it into different bottles and tightly close with traffic jams. In order for the wine to become fragrant, and its taste qualities will be enriched, keep it for about a month in a closed state.
Dessert at home
If you want to make a black currant dessert wine at home, a simple recipe with step-by-step actions will be described further.
- currants (5 kg),
- water (1.5 l),
- raisins (150 g),
- sugar (2 kg),
- starter culture (125 ml).
- For this recipe, you will need a starter. It is easy to prepare it: take a small jar, put raisins (150 g) in it, pour sugar (50 g) and fill it with water (about 3 cm above the level of dried fruits). Capacity must be covered with gauze and put for 5 days in a warm place.
- Now that the sourdough is ready, you can start making black currant wines. Sort out the picked berries, leaving only the ripest. Take a deep bowl, put the berries in there and crush them with a wooden mortar or spoon.
- The resulting berry mass is poured into a glass bottle, put sugar in it and mix everything up. Next, start pouring water into the bottle. This should be done gradually, without haste. When pouring water into the container, stir the berry mass. Now you can pour the leaven into the bottle and mix the resulting composition again. After the done actions, the bottle must be put in a cool place so that after 3 days you can proceed to the next step.
- After three days, blackcurrant juice will separate in the bottle. This is the ingredient that we need to make wine. Take the gauze and use it to remove the cake to leave only the juice.
- Pour the resulting liquid into a clean bottle so that it continues to ferment. Pulp left over after spinning, again fill with clean water and leave for two days. After a specified time, the juice can be squeezed out and also added to the bottle. Further, the prepared granulated sugar (1 kg) can be poured into a bottle with “berry drink” and closed with a trap. The container should be stored in a dark place at a temperature of 18-22 degrees.
- Wort must be periodically stirred. In order for the “product” to ferment completely, add 500 g sugar to it: first 4 days after the blockage, then every 3 days. So the wine should be stored for 1 month. After that, remove the cake with gauze. The drink should be poured into glass bottles and closed so that it can stand for another month. Wine at this time should be stored in the basement (or other dark cool place), putting the bottle horizontally. The strength of the finished wine will not exceed 15 degrees.
Simple cooking recipe
In this recipe, you will need 6 kg of black currant berries, 1.5 kg of blueberries and 250 g of raisins.
- Take a 25 liter tank that can be tightly closed. Wash currants and blueberries, then remember them. Put 4 kg of granulated sugar and berry mush in the tank. Fill the tank with boiled water (about 2 liters) and add 1 bag of wine yeast (you can also use regular yeast, which is used for baking).
- Pour boiling water over the raisins (about 1 liter). After the water has cooled, pour the raisin solution into the tank, close it with the water cap. Such a shutter is easily made from a dropper: you need to take a rubber tube from the dropper, insert it into a hole in the lid, and put the other end into a jar of water that should stand on the floor. With this "mechanism" the wine will gurgle. If gurgling stops, shake a little tank.
- After a week, remove half of the berries that floated to the surface. Next, add 2 kg of granulated sugar to the solution, mix everything and return the valve to its previous position.
- Wait for about 7-10 days until the gurgling stops in the shutter. Then remove the cake and wait another 2 days, after which the liquid can be filtered again and poured into the bottle. The wine will have to be stored for another week at a temperature of 15 degrees, after which it will be ready for use.
This recipe involves not only berries, but also currant leaves and cherries.
- black currant - 1 cup,
- currants (leaves) - 12 pcs.,
- Cherry (leaves) - 100 pcs.,
- sugar (550 g),
- water (2 l),
- alcohol (250 g),
- citric acid (1.5 tsp).
Wash the leaves and berries, then cover them with water and boil over low heat for about 30 minutes. After that, pour the broth, add sugar, citric acid and bring to a boil. In this case, the sugar should be dissolved. Strain the syrup through cheesecloth, then cool. When the syrup has cooled, you can add alcohol or good vodka.
This drink is well suited for small holidays. In addition, it is very economical, because it doesn’t require much alcohol, but at the output you get at least 2 liters of liquor. Another advantage of this drink is that it can be prepared quickly and easily.
As you can see, there are a lot of recipes. All of them are diverse, and each is good in its own way. Now you know how to make a delicious wine from the berries of this wonderful plant. This wine will appreciate all those who are not indifferent to this kind of drinks.
It is also possible you will be interested to learn the recipe for making wine from dandelions.
Preparation of berries for flavored drinks begins with their careful selection. Fruits should be sorted, removing all the spoiled, rotten berries. If according to the manufacturing technology, the addition of wine yeast is not provided, the fruits should not be washed - as certified by the home winemakers, the natural bacteria themselves initiate the fermentation process without outside help. Sugar before adding to the fruit mass must be dissolved in warm water to a state of syrup.
Homemade currant wine - cooking technology
To get a tasty drink, you must clearly follow the step-by-step instructions for making black currant alcohol. One of the main conditions for obtaining high-quality fortified wines is the use of clean containers. The stages of preparation are simple, but deviating from them threatens to get less or more degrees, or a drink that will do more harm than good. The selection of fresh fruits of good varieties, the choice of high-quality live or dry yeast, compliance with the conditions and storage temperature - all affect the taste of alcohol.
Making sourdough and using it in a recipe will provide a general improvement in the taste range of alcohol. The lovers of high-strength beverages who do not want to dilute them with vodka will appreciate the starter’s value. The leaven is made using the following technology:
- Currant fruits are sorted out, we throw out rotten, spoiled. The remaining berries are distributed in clean bottles at the rate of 7 kg of berries per 2 kilograms of sugar.
- In the capacity, add boiled warm water by volume in 2 times more fruits.
- Add sugar to jars, mix thoroughly until it is completely dissolved. Cover the container with gauze folded in 3-5 layers.
- Keep the leaven in a cool dark room for 3-4 days. Do not wait until the fermentation process is over. The term can be extended to achieve a more astringent taste. Stir wort is not recommended.
Getting the pulp
You can make black currant wine with the use of pulp. This mixture is characterized by a high concentration of natural yeast crops that inhabit the surface of fresh fruit. The pulp is made according to the following technology:
- Selected high-quality berries knead your hands or wooden crush in a non-metallic container. It is impossible to wash them before kneading - this will remove all the yeast from their surface.
- The resulting mass is carefully poured into clean glass bottles, sealed with a tight stopper, a lid with holes, 3-4 layers of gauze. To make the future drink sweeter, you can add 1/3 of the sugar, stirring well.
- For 3-4 days the mass should wander in a cool room.
- After you need to strain the pulp. Drain juice through cheesecloth, colander.
Active fermentation stage
The time has come for the most important stage of alcohol production. The active fermentation phase will make the blackcurrant wine strong, almost ready for use:
- The wort is poured into large bottles, filling them up to 2/3, tightly closed with hydraulic plugs. You can make them yourself, buy them, use a simple medical glove.
- You need to store bottles indoors, where there can be no sudden changes in temperature. It should always be no higher than 20 degrees. Fermentation lasts 30-45 days.
- When the juice has ceased to bubble, the active fermentation phase can be considered complete. If the liquid stopped bubbling before the thirtieth day, the process can be restarted by adding 7-10 unwashed grapes per 10 liters of wort.
The process of filtering home alcohol passes almost independently during the clarification. In total, the methods of carrying out this operation make numerous precipitations fall to the bottom of the bottles. After they can be filtered, gently spill the liquid through 5-6 layers of clean gauze on new containers, where it will be stored, awaiting consumption. At the end of all stages of the drink should get transparent or barely cloudy.. It is allowed to have a small layer of sediment (1-2 mm) at the bottom of the bottle.
A simple recipe without yeast
- Time: 40-50 days.
- Servings: 30 persons.
- Calorie dishes: 130 kcal per 100 g.
- Purpose: table alcoholic drink.
- Cuisine: Russian.
- Difficulty: medium.
The easiest recipe for blackcurrant alcoholic beverage, which will be to the liking of all. Wine turns sour, tart, not too strong. It is very easy to drink, does not cause severe intoxication, retains many useful trace elements, vitamins. Delight your guests with excellent alcohol by serving it at a festive table for a birthday, anniversary, another family celebration.