The shrub, which is called a raspberry tree, is a standard raspberry. It has a lot of advantages, which include:
- increased yield, while the branches do not bend under the weight of the fruit,
- excellent taste, pronounced "raspberry" flavor,
- dense texture for excellent transport.
Features and benefits of raspberry wood
“What is a standard raspberry?” This question is often asked by novice gardeners. According to the description, it is a shrub with very tasty fruits, a well-developed stem, able to withstand the burden of large-sized crops. In addition, its main distinguishing feature is the shape of the bush - in the form of a tree with a powerful trunk.
Considering the compact size and high productivity of such a shrub, growing standard raspberries in a garden plot makes it possible not to occupy large areas for its planting, and at the same time to obtain high yields.
For information! Standard raspberry varieties differ in height not exceeding 2 m. But, to maintain the bush, special pruning of the shoots and the presence of additional supports for their garters are required.
Among the positive characteristics of the standard raspberry include:
- The presence of a thick and strong trunk. Raspberry tree is quite easy to withstand the burden of bountiful harvest.
- High taste of fruits. Due to the beneficial properties of the berries, raspberries among consumers are very popular.
- Berries are not afraid of transportation. This indicator makes raspberry tree popular among industrial gardeners.
- Unpretentious care. Stambala raspberry is the best option for beginner gardeners.
- Good resistance to low temperatures. Harvest can be collected up to the first frost, and before winter you should not worry about additional shelter for the bush.
Despite the whole list of advantages, the crimson tree has its weak points:
- The high cost of raspberry seedlings. Given that the bush produces a small number of replacement shoots, the process of reproduction is difficult.
- Among the variety of standard varieties, there are also remontant specimens yielding a harvest in the last days of July. If you grow such varieties in cool areas, then there is a risk of not collecting a third of it, because it may not have time to fully mature by the end of the season.
Characteristics of standard raspberry varieties
Promising varieties of standard raspberries include:
- Tarusa. A variety with an average ripening period, high productivity. Shoots without thorns, which does not create inconvenience at harvest. The height of the bush is up to 2 m. The weight of the berries is about 15 g. The berries are characterized by an elongated shape, brightly - raspberry color with a waxy coating. This is a winter-hardy plant that can withstand -30 degrees. There is a good resistance to various diseases. This is one of the best standard grades for the Moscow region.
- Fairy tale. This is a fruitful variety from which you can collect from 12 kg of berries. Their weight is up to 20 g. The high quality of the berries, and their sufficient transportability distinguish the variety from other species. Berry culture has a high degree of resistance to various diseases and low temperatures. The roots of the seedlings are quite powerful, which determines the rapid survival of the variety in the garden plot.
- Galaxy. The bush is distinguished by an average growth rate, medium ridge and has a non-bearing above-ground part. This is a large-fruited variety, the weight of berries is 10-18 g. The bruises are small, homogeneous, tightly linked to each other. The advantages of the variety: a good indicator of winter hardiness, resistance to the main diseases of raspberry.
- Sturdy. The variety is distinguished by straight growth, non-running type, its height is 1.1-1.3 m. The bush has strong, studless shoots. Fruits attract the attention of a dark - crimson color, rounded - conical shape, their weight is 4-5 g. The texture of berries is dense. This raspberry variety is characterized as highly productive, relatively unpretentious in its care.
- Octavia. The variety of shoots is powerful enough, straight, completely devoid of thorns. Large berries have a weight of up to 8 g. They have a slightly red color, the flesh has a pronounced raspberry flavor. Thanks to the dense skins, the crop easily transfers transportation over long distances. Fruits are not prone to shattering. The variety is positioned as drought-resistant, winter-hardy with a good degree of disease resistance.
- Canadian raspberry. The variety reaches a height of two meters, has a high taste of fruit, transportable. The berries are large, not prone to shattering. The shrub has strong shoots, tolerates low temperatures and is rarely affected by various diseases. The yield index is high; from one bush, under favorable growing conditions, up to 12 kg of a tasty and fragrant harvest is collected.
- Raspberry tree Penguin. The shrub is distinguished by medium height, compactness, its height is 1-1.3 m. Shoots are straight. Berries with a reddish - pink color and sour - sweet pulp, small bones.
For information! The stem is a highly productive form of raspberry, does not take up much space in the garden, and is resistant to diseases.
To make standard raspberry varieties that abundantly bear fruit, it is recommended to adhere to the following planting technology:
- The land for breeding raspberries should be quite loose, fertile and with moderate humidity. If the soil is acidic, it is recommended to add lime to it during digging in the fall or spring at the rate of 300-500 grams per square meter.
- It is necessary to carry out preparation of a landing hole in advance, it is better in the fall if planting of saplings is planned in the spring. If plants are planted in the fall, the planting pit is prepared for 1.5 months. The size of the hole is 50 × 50 cm. The depth will depend on the volume of the root system of the young bush.
- When planting a standard raspberry, it is necessary to maintain a distance between plantations of 80 cm, and between rows 1.8-2 m.
- When trenching method of cultivation, adhere to the standard planting scheme.
- For quick adaptation of the seedling, before planting its root system, it is recommended to lower it into the mash with the addition of a mullein solution.
- Under each seedling in the pit you need to pour organic fertilizer mixed with wood ash.
- Upon completion of planting, the bushes plentifully watered with water, and the soil is mulched with humus. For each seedling use 5 liters of water.
With this approach, raspberry trees can not only grow and develop well, but also produce a quality crop for 15 years. But, here, as noted by experienced gardeners, it is necessary to organize the proper care of
Care and reproduction
To carry out preventive measures to combat various diseases (gray mold, spotting, anthracnose, etc.) and garden pests, raspberry bushes are recommended to be treated with Bordeaux mixture of 3% in early spring, during flowering. Repeated procedure should be carried out in the middle of autumn.
Pruning raspberry trimming is performed regularly, shoots that have already been planted are removed. As an option, use the following method of trimming: one shoot is left for replacement, it is shortened by 15 cm, when its height reaches one meter.
By the end of the season a tree is formed with side shoots in the amount of 5-6 pieces. The overwintering bush is pruned in the last days of May, after the leaves appear. Pruning side branches perform 7-10 cm.
Raspberries can be propagated either by seedlings or cuttings.The main thing is that the planting material must be of high quality, with a healthy root system and without obvious damage, if it is a young bush. You can buy such cuttings only in specialized outlets.
The most popular raspberry varieties
The hearts of most gardeners and gardeners conquer medium varieties. They are considered universal and can produce an average yield and bear fruit under moderate conditions, withstanding even insignificant cold. As gardeners note, such a raspberry quite satisfies human needs. Popular varieties of this garden plant:
- Canadian. Very sweet raspberry. Differs complete lack of sourness. Her berries are small, but very tasty. Each of them has a weight of about 9 grams. The plant itself is tall, and can reach up to 2 m. Height. For the season alone, it can give about 7-9 kg. ripe fruits. Raspberry varieties Canadian loves moisture, but among the properties are its resistance to obedient climatic conditions. Does not require special care - all according to the standard.
- Aborigine It is safe to be categorized as the best early raspberry varieties. The berry was bred by Russian breeders and recommended for growing in moderate conditions. It does not tolerate cold, but it can recover on its own in a year by means of new emergence. Fruits of the Aborigen variety are not large and have a weight of about 5 g. Large berries can weigh up to 8-9 grams. The bush is defined as srednerosly and does not exceed one and a half meters in height. For the season can give up to 6 kg. A remarkable property of the variety is that it is practically not affected by pests and diseases.
- Vera. Another sweet raspberry variety. The best varieties in taste indices are the category to which these berries belong. Productivity from one bush not less than 4,5 kg. The bush grows no more than 1.5 meters and gives small berries up to 4 grams. Loves moisture, so it should be carefully watered. Among the main properties is also the conditional resistance to heat and to extreme cold.
- Meteor. The earliest variety of raspberries among the universal. The berries ripen at the beginning of July almost simultaneously (up to 3 grams each. They have a pronounced cone-shaped ruby color. The bush is powerful, low to 1.2 m. It has resistance to diseases and, relative to other raspberry varieties, Meteor is frost-resistant. Yield - 2 kg / bush. Taste and aroma will always delight the cottager.All this is enough to open the raspberry season.
- Alenushka. If at the stage of selecting varieties for the dacha there is a question about which raspberry varieties are better to choose, many advise Alyonushka. This is one of the most productive varieties. From this plant collect up to 13 kg. / Season. As for taste, they feel a slight sourness. At the stage of ripeness, this is not noticed, but in the process of making jam, you need to add extra kilos of sugar. But this can not be considered a disadvantage. Raspberry bush Alenushka can reach up to 2.5 m in height. The process of growing this raspberry requires a garter for trellis or support. It should be noted that the variety is resistant to many unfavorable conditions, including frost problems.
In addition to the above raspberry varieties, there are also two varieties that I would like to mention: Marlborough and Taganka. In terms of properties and yield, the Marlboro raspberry is not inferior to the Alyonushka variety, and the Taganka raspberry is the best late variety. It can withstand frosts, up to -20 0 C and more.
Raspberry remontantnaya. Top Grades
What is a repair raspberry? It differs in that the harvest can be collected from the first year of planting seedlings in the soil. This advantage is especially important for those who are engaged in the cultivation of raspberries in order to improve their financial situation (as a business). Getting quick results in a short time is the main goal of the dacha owners-entrepreneurs.For summer residents who grow berries for themselves, this advantage is also important, but amateur summer cottage business requires carefulness and time.
What are the best varieties of repair raspberries today?
- Shugana. It has excellent taste and large fruits. From one bush on average collect up to 10 kg. harvest for the season. It is considered a high-yielding variety of Swiss breeding. The plant has a strong stem, which reaches 1.6 m. Height. With such growth, he does not require a garter. Among the remarkable properties should be noted the long-term preservation of the presentation (up to 4 days, they are not rumpled).
- Polka. Polish breeders also presented their raspberries. The best variety is Polka. Popular in our country. For Europeans, this is also one of the best varieties. As for the plant itself, it has a height of up to 1.5 m. And is characterized by strong stems. The berries of this raspberry variety are quite large and have an impressive weight. At the same time a good average harvest is collected from one bush. The peculiarity of the variety is that it can produce up to 100 shoots per 1 m 2 area. This allows you to quickly multiply it. The taste of the berries is very sweet, the raspberry variety Polka belongs to the dessert category.
- Bryansk miracle. One of the earliest varieties. The fruits have an elongated, conical shape and excellent taste and aroma. The first berries can be eaten around the 10th of August. Productivity varieties good. Well preserve the freshness and presentation for 5-6 days. A remarkable property is resistance to drought and frost. This is one of the best varieties of repair raspberries for Siberia.
- Hercules Novelty in the market of fruit and berry cultures. It is a mid-season remontant variety that is distinguished by upright, powerful stems. The berries are round, conical and purple in color. The taste is sweet and sour. The average yield is harvested from the bush. The first berries can be tasted in early August. Noteworthy is the fact that the stems have large thorns and a slight wax coating. This is his bright, distinctive feature. This variety is one of the best raspberry varieties for the Moscow region (see photo).
- Indian summer-2. This novelty is presented quite recently, but has already become known among businessmen and ordinary summer residents. Due to the structure and powerful stems, bushes of this variety do not require a garter. Most fruits can be eaten in the first half of September. The rest of the crop is harvested in the winter. It tolerates changeable climate conditions, and adapts well to changeable climate.
In addition to these raspberry varieties, there are many others: Eurasia, Monomakh's Hat, Kalashnik, Morning Dew, Apricot.
What does the raspberry?
Recently, a standard raspberry tree has become very popular among gardeners, a description of it comes down to the following: a bush, with time resembling a small tree, which is formed by a series of regular nipping.
The concept of "shtamb" means that from the root to the crown of the base of the berry crop is a thickened, powerful shoot, in fact - a tree trunk. This culture can grow to a height of two meters, becoming sprawling over time.
The root system resembles the one that ordinary trees have, which does not contribute to the "spreading" of the plant in the garden.
Standard raspberry - planting and care
For shtambovyh raspberry varieties should choose a place that is accessible to direct rays of the sun and not prone to drafts. The composition of the soil is better to choose neutral, place the raspberries well on the slopes, devoid of the presence of excess groundwater.
You should not plant this crop in those places where tomatoes and potatoes grew before it.
The best season for disembarkation is the middle of spring or autumn (end of September, beginning of October); for this you can use both pit and belt methods.
Caring for a standard raspberry is not complicated, the main condition is that everything must be done during:
- top dressing
- pest treatment
- soil loosening
- bending down the branches for the winter to the ground.
One of the basic rules for the care of a standard raspberry is regular nipping, which will gradually form a tree, having from five to seven tops and increasing the number of peduncles, leading to increased yields.
To achieve this, proceed to pinching in early spring so that the maximum amount of the ovary appears in the month of August.
Water the plant frequently, consuming up to five liters of water per unit, more often it is required during flowering and fruiting.
Before proceeding to the selection of varieties for planting, you must carefully review its characteristics. Planting raspberries on the plot, you need to understand what the crop is waiting for you, how to care for the bushes. Let's try to figure out what is raspberry Canadian and give a description of this variety.
The bush is represented by a tall plant, whose height can reach two meters. The stem variety differs from the usual one by the presence of a rather thick stem and the absence of needles, due to which it is often called a “raspberry tree”. Canadian raspberry - moisture-loving plant, very poorly tolerated even a short drought and high temperature.
Canadian Raspberry, the description of which variety we are considering, gained popularity due to the incredible taste qualities of its fruits. The berries have a sweet taste, very juicy. Can be stored for a long time, without losing their qualities. With a lack of moisture, the fruits grow small, but their taste is preserved.
Tips and tricks for growing ramsberry stam
In order for the Canadian raspberry to grow healthy and produce a good harvest, planting must be properly performed and proper care of the bushes must be provided.
Raspberries will grow well in illuminated areas where there are no drafts. Neutral soil will do. It is better to plant a tree on a slope, with the occurrence of groundwater as deep as possible. You should not choose for planting a place where tomatoes and potatoes used to grow.
When using the belt-like planting method, it is necessary to first prepare a special trench in which fertilizers are applied, wood ash, humus. Saplings should be placed at least every 40 cm from each other.
When planting in the fall, be sure to spud the soil around the crimson tree - this will save the buds, which are located in the lower part, from the cold weather.
Raspberry tree does not need any complex care. With regular implementation of basic recommendations, the bushes will grow healthy.
One of the basic rules for the care of shrubs - regular pinching necessary for the formation of a tree, which should have 5-7 tops. It is also necessary to increase the number of flower stalks - this will significantly increase the yield. The pinching procedure is recommended in early spring - so in August a large number of ovaries can appear.
Protection against diseases and pests
In order to protect raspberry bushes from death as a result of disease or pest damage, it is recommended to carry out the following preventive measures:
- The first stage of processing is carried out in early spring. It consists in cultivating the land between the rows - this will get rid of diseases and pests that hibernate in the soil and plant residues.
- The second stage falls on the period when the buds are decoupled. Spraying of bushes is carried out with the preparation "Aktellik" or "Novaktion". These solutions destroy the raspberry beetles, weevils, shoot gall midge, stem fly and ticks.
- The third stage is carried out during the flowering period. A thorough inspection of the bushes is carried out, the trees that were hit by curl, mosaic, and infectious chlorosis are detected and destroyed.
- The fourth stage of preventive measures performed after the harvest will be harvested. Produced cutting and burning shoots, which otplodonosili.Also, the plant should be treated with a solution "Aktellika" or "Novaktion" for the destruction of pests. Bordeaux fluid can be used for prophylaxis.
Features of planting and caring for Canadian Irga
Irga Canadian is a very interesting fruit and decorative culture. Deciduous shrub in height from 1.5 to 8 meters is beautiful at any time of the year. In the spring, an irga looks attractive during bud break, when it is wrapped in silver-white hoar-frost.
Later, during flowering, it is covered with bunches of fragrant white flowers surrounded by bees. Until mid-summer, shrubs adorn the brush of blue-purple berries. Until late autumn, the foliage is the decoration of the shrub, which gradually changes its color from green to purple. Against the backdrop of a snowy winter garden, maroon-brown branches look spectacular.
How to plant a standard raspberry?
Planting a raspberry bush method, separate pits of at least 0.5 x 0.5 m in size are prepared for each plant. Roots are dipped for a few minutes into the prepared manure solution, gently straightening, laid into the ground and sprinkled.
The distance between the crimson seedlings should be at least one meter.
The belt method provides for a prepared trench, with fertilizer added to it, wood ash, humus; planting material should be positioned in it no closer than 40 cm from each other.
There is an opinion that it is more correct to plant a raspberry tree in the spring, in this case it is better to take root, you just have to take into account that this should be done before buds start to bloom on saplings, and they did not have time to reach in height. If planting is done in the fall, the earth around the bush should immediately be folded to protect the buds located at the very bottom from frost.
Multiplication of standard raspberries
Reproduction of a crimson tree occurs in two ways:
- Cuttings. To do this, gently dig up the bush, select the root part, on which there are 1-2 formed buds. A sapling separated from the main bush is planted in a container with a pre-prepared mixture consisting of equal parts of sand and peat, for a better germination they contain the plant in a warm place.
- Overgrown. After the appearance of separately grown plants near the mother bush, they are carefully dug out without damaging the root system. The soil in which the young growth is planted is prepared in advance, its necessary composition is described above. To stimulate the growth of shoots, use special agrotechnical preparations.
Stamp raspberry shaping
Spring and autumn pruning of raspberries is a prerequisite for the formation of a raspberry tree. Crowded, old, frozen and damaged branches should be removed, at the same time shortening the stretching lateral processes by 12-15 cm.
You can do the formation of the crown of the tree immediately after its disembarkation, for this, 4-5 branches are left on top of the main stem, removing the rest.
In order for the tree to grow in width, and not to stretch in height, and its crown would be properly formed, pinching should be done on the shoots forming the top.
Raspberry tree - varieties
Repair grades of standard raspberries can bear fruit twice a year, at the beginning of summer, in June, and at the end of the season - in September, October.
Raspberry varieties that are remontant are more resistant to pests and adverse weather factors.
They bear fruit in the first year of growth, do not require complex care, while the berry is larger than that of ordinary raspberry bushes, almost no wormy.
The size of the fruits and their quality in remontant varieties depend on the number of young shoots, therefore it is necessary to ensure their powerful development, well leafy and healthy.
The development of the roots is superficial, requiring timely and sufficient amount of moisture, especially when the berries are flowering and ripening.
It is important not to overdo it with watering, the repair ramming raspberry does not like an excess of water, it will begin to rot and die.
Standard raspberry Tarusa
This variety became known in 1993, bred by crossing the Stolichnaya and Shtambovy-1 varieties. Tarusa - raspberry standard, the description of the variety can be done as follows:
- the height of the shoots reaches 1.5-2 m, they are different elasticity, the same thickness along the entire length,
- lack of thorns,
- leaves of dark green color, with a "corrugated surface", large sizes,
- the berries are red, conical in shape with small seeds, often double, weighing up to 15 grams, the taste is moderately sweet.
The advantages of the Tarusa variety include increased fertility and the size of the fruits. The stalks of the crimson tree are strong, well developed, the culture belongs to the frost-resistant, according to this indicator, most of the grades are ahead. According to gardeners, the variety is larger than the market, hassle-free, gives a lot of shoots, the berry is transportable, but not the best taste.
Raspberry Tree Tale
Raspberry Tale variety with its appearance, lack of thorns resembles Tarusa, allegedly being its seedling.
The standard raspberry tale, which grows in favorable conditions, is high-yielding (one bush produces up to 12 kg of berries), has large fruits with a sweet taste and a characteristic raspberry flavor. Berries are dense, transportable, little susceptible to rotting.
The variety is resistant to diseases, tolerates low temperature well (up to -23-25 ° C). The tale is a mid-season variety, ripening takes place from mid-July to early August.
Standard raspberry Krepysh
Berry shrub shtambovoy raspberry Krepysh fully justifies its name, it has a powerful trunk two meters in height, large and juicy fruits. This tree bush has won love and popularity among gardeners, as well as other best varieties of standard raspberries, with their positive characteristics:
- mid-early ripening (June-July),
- straight, strong, studless branches that do not require a garter,
- cold resistance
- high yields (with competent agricultural techniques),
- disease resistance
- good transportation facilities.
Standard raspberry galaxy
The description of the standard raspberry galaxy is as follows: semi-repetitive, characterized by increased yield, shrubs are compact, medium grown. The galaxy belongs to the mid-early ripening period, the berries are dense, large, maroon-red, juicy.
Experienced gardeners do not recommend breeding this variety for commercial use, the fruit is not suitable for storage, not transportable.
The variety is not common, the reviews about it are ambiguous, although it should be recognized that the taste, aroma and size of the fruits of the galaxy gained trust and recognition.
Canadian Standard Raspberry
Canadian raspberry fruit has good taste, being incredibly sweet and juicy, perfectly preserved for a long time.
Shrubs tall, two-meter, loving moisture, but able to withstand short-term drought and increased summer temperature. Lacking moisture, berries will be born smaller, but tastier.
From one bush, gardeners harvest up to 7 kg of crop, under favorable conditions and proper agricultural technology, the crop grows up to 12 kg from a bush.
Describing the best varieties of standard raspberries, note that Canadian Berry Tree Culture is great for planting in our area, especially if you organize drip irrigation for it, this method of moisturizing will help grow large berries.The Canadian variety does not require complex care, but all the standard activities it needs should be carried out in a timely manner.
The advantages of standard raspberry varieties include: high fecundity, resistance to frost and disease, unpretentious content, large size of berries and their flavor. The standard raspberry is the result of painstaking selection work, so all the best qualities are accumulated in it, they are promising and popular, and are gradually replacing ordinary species.
Raspberry varieties and how different raspberries
Each raspberry variety is individual and has its own taste and smell, one variety may be with a certain sourness, the other with a delicate honey aroma, and the third raspberry variety is suitable only for jam. About what raspberry variety to choose for planting you will learn in this section of the site Garden and vegetable garden and a little bit from this article.
For a start, we note that raspberry varieties can be divided into the following groups:
- Traditional raspberry varietiesthat are cultivated in gardens from the twentieth century. Berries average size - about 4 grams. Usually with one such bush can collect no more than 2 kilograms of the crop.
- Large raspberry varieties. In such bushes the weight of the berries reaches 10-12 grams. Such berry bushes usually do not differ in height, but are rather thick. These varieties are especially sensitive to a lack of moisture in the soil and in the environment, with insufficient watering, large-fruited raspberries may not start to bear fruit.
- Also popular standard raspberry varieties.
Many gardeners grow on their plots annual one-tenant raspberry. This shrub grows and bears fruit during one season. Raspberries can be collected from such bushes from the beginning of July to mid-October.
And now about the most popular raspberry varieties in Russia:
Raspberry variety Alenushka
The raspberry variety Alenushka is an excellent option, both for canning and for eating raw. Berries have a pronounced acidity, which is very typical for universal raspberry varieties, but when cooking jam, a large amount of sugar is required.
Raspberry bushes of the Alyonushka variety grow up to 2.5 m., Bring a fairly good harvest - up to 12-13 kg. berries from one bush, are highly resistant to pests and low temperatures. The leaves of the bush are thick, so they create a good shade, and do not allow weeds to grow.
This raspberry variety is great for summer cottages.
Raspberry variety Aborigine
Despite the unusual name, the raspberry variety Aborigen is great for growing in the CIS countries. The berries are not the largest size, but have a very sweet, almost honey taste in the ripeness stage, so they are an ideal option for jam. Bush is very resistant to pests and diseases.
Raspberry variety vera
This variety can truly be considered the best; almost all gardeners prefer to grow it. The value of this variety is their incredible sweetness, the fruits are very juicy and have a special honey smell.
The yield exceeds 5kg from one bush, which is an excellent indicator for a small bush 100-120 cm. Also, the raspberry variety Vera is distinguished by excellent protection from various parasites and high drought resistance.
Shrubs of this variety can bear fruit with minimal watering, but for optimal yield, it is desirable to water frequently.
Raspberry variety canadian raspberry
This raspberry variety has its own characteristics that attract gardeners. First of all, the berries of this variety are very sweet and have no excessive odors. Shrubs grow to 2 m. And perfectly bear fruit - up to 12 kg. from one bush with good watering.
It is possible to note a rather large size of ripe fruits, because they grow to 9 grams. and have bright color. This plant is very fond of moisture, but it grows well even in the driest places. With a lack of moisture fruits will be smaller in size, but will be very sweet.
Raspberry variety fantasy
Despite the promising name, this raspberry variety is not the best option for planting. Fruits are small to 4 grams.
have a sour taste, Compotes or fruit drinks can be made from raspberries of this variety, but if we consider the shrub as an element of decor for giving, then it will probably be the best of all the above options. Variety Fantasia grows up to 120 cm in height, and attracts attention with its branches, growing in the form of a fan.
The shrub has a very beautiful flowering, many gardeners make out their dachas. Therefore, you can consider this raspberry variety as a decorative element.
What is important when choosing raspberry variety
When choosing a raspberry variety, there are three main factors to consider:
- Taste and smell
- Size of berries
- Fruitfulness and climate resistance
It is important to consider the purpose of this berry for you. If you grow them for yourself, it is best to pay attention to those varieties that are sweet and bear fruit very well, but if you consider raspberries as an element of decor, be sure to pay attention to the last variety, you will not regret it.
Articles that will be interesting:
Standard raspberry: variety description, planting, care, cultivation features and reviews:
Standard cultures are becoming more and more popular in our country every year. They are increasingly displacing traditional varieties from household plots. Domestic gardeners have learned the ramberry relatively recently, but it has already proven itself as a promising and productive berry crop.
Features of raspberry stump
Gardeners often call shtambovoy raspberry "raspberry tree". However, breeders argue that the raspberry has not had a life form and that it has not yet. In the nineties of the last century, V. V. Kichina, a professor of a selection and technological institute of horticulture and nursery, created standard raspberry varieties with rigid non-fronting stems.
In 1993, the standard raspberry Tarusa was officially registered. Raspberry tree in record time has won popularity among gardeners. The concept of “shtamb” means that from the very root to the crown, the basis of a berry crop is a powerful, thickened shoot, one can say, a tree trunk. Such a culture grows to two meters in height, eventually becoming sprawling.
Is it possible to independently grow a raspberry tree?
All varieties of standard raspberries are obtained through the use of the double pruning method. The first pinching or pruning of a growing shoot is carried out in late May - early June, when the shoot reaches a height of 1.2 meters. Stem slightly shortened (5-10 cm). As a result, apical growth is suspended and the buds located in the axils of the upper leaves awaken.
By the middle of August and the beginning of September, 4-6 lateral growths are formed on it, on average, from 40 to 90 centimeters. An already branched stalk is pruned a second time the following year, in the spring.
At this time, shorten the tops of lateral gains by 10-15 cm. This method allows to significantly increase the yield of shoots.
But if you are late with the June pruning, it can cause incomplete ripening of the side branches and, as a result, to their freezing.
As a rule, the double pruning method causes plant thickening, therefore, laying a raspberry jam, it is necessary to provide fairly wide inter-row spans (at least 2 m), and the distance between plants in the row should be about 1.5 meters. Later, 6-8 shoots of replacement are left for fruiting on each tree.
Undoubtedly, shtamb is one of the most convenient forms for placement on the site and care, which is widely used in the backyard gardening of our country. Standard raspberry, reaching two-meter height, does not require complex and regular pruning, additional supports. Abundant ripening crop does not bend the shoots to the ground.
Standard raspberry, planting and caring for which is greatly simplified in comparison with traditional varieties, has several undeniable merits - high plant productivity, the formation of large, excellent commercial appearance of berries, which have excellent taste and delicate aroma. It should be noted that the standard raspberry jam is much more compact than the traditional one. What also attracts Russian gardeners, whose plots are often of very modest size.
In general, varieties of standard raspberries form quite dense, non-crumbling fruits suitable for long-term transportation. Therefore, gardeners have the opportunity to get high yields from a small area.
The most promising varieties of this species bear fruit from June to August. The exact timing of aging varies depending on the composition of the soil and the weather characteristics of the region.
Such varieties are resistant to damage by many diseases and pests; they withstand frost temperatures down to -24 ° С without shelter.
Popular varieties: raspberry Tarusa
This variety was bred in 1993 during the crossing of the Stolichnaya and Stambovy-1 varieties. Plant height - from 1.5 to 2 meters. Shoots elastic throughout the length of the same thickness. There are no spikes on them. Stems strong, well developed. In terms of frost resistance, the standard raspberry Tarusa is ahead of most varieties. Leaves with "corrugated surface", large, dark green color.
Red berries of conical shape with small seeds, which are often doubled. The weight of the berries is on average 15 grams. They have a pleasant moderately sweet taste.
The advantages of this variety include increased fertility and the size of the berries.
According to gardeners, this variety is simple in cultivation, gives a lot of shoots, berries tolerate transportation, but many believe that the berries are not sweet enough.
All varieties of raspberries can be planted in the fall and spring. Planting in the spring is made in mid-April, before the start of active sap flow. In autumn, seedlings can be planted in late September or early October. In this case, it is necessary to pile up the soil to the lower buds.
For each plant, a separate hole is prepared with a size of at least 50x50 cm. The roots of the seedling are dipped in a previously prepared manure solution for several minutes.
Then they are gently straightened, placed in the landing pit and sprinkled with earth. If you prefer a ribbon planting method, then you need to prepare a trench, apply fertilizer, wood ash, humus.
Then install planting material at a distance of at least half a meter from each other and covered with soil.
Like traditional varieties, the standard raspberry is an unpretentious plant, but if you want to get big harvests, then certain rules of agricultural engineering must be observed.
After two weeks for planting, the plants will already harden, and you can begin their formation by the method of double pruning described above. After pruning crimson trees must be treated Bordeaux liquid. Although shtambovaya raspberry is resistant to many diseases, but prevention does not interfere with it.
Then it is necessary to plow between rows and grind the soil around the plants with humus.
With a dry spring watering is carried out once a week. Under one bush it is necessary to pour ten liters of water. When fruiting and flowering watering should be increased, because otherwise raspberries can lose the ovary, and the formed berries can dry out.
The plant needs high-quality feeding. It is carried out in the spring. Under each tree add organic and mineral fertilizers. Agronomists recommend fertilizing raspberries with manure in early November. Fertilizers have a beneficial effect on the development of crimson trees during the growth and ripening of berries.
Raspberry tree can be propagated in two ways:
- Cuttings.In this case, carefully dig the bush, select the root part, with one or two formed buds. The sapling, separated from the main bush, is planted in a pot with a pre-prepared mixture, which should consist of equal parts of peat and sand. For better germination, the plant should be kept in a warm place.
- Overgrown. When near-growing plants appear separately grown plants, they are dug out, trying not to damage the root system. To stimulate the growth of shoots, use special preparations that can be bought in specialized stores.
Most gardeners claim that the standard raspberry was their salvation. As you understand, such reviews are left by the owners of small garden plots, on which it is impossible to breed a large raspberries.
This kind of raspberry does not require complex care, gives great yields. Depending on the purpose for which you grow berries, choose the appropriate variety: Tarusa, Tale are suitable for commercial purposes, and Galaxy, Sturdy, Bogatyr are suitable for home use.
Description and cultivation of standard raspberry varieties
The standard raspberry, thanks to its increased yield, excellent taste characteristics and dense structure, is winning more and more fans every year.
A raspberry tree, also called it, is more convenient in terms of plant placement for home gardening.
But in order to get a large and tasty harvest, it is necessary to become familiar with the peculiarities of growing this berry crop.
Tree raspberry: variety varieties, yield and care
Raspberries - one of the most popular garden berries, which is available on almost every individual site. Of the numerous variety of varieties of this not only delicious, but also useful berries, I want to choose those that will delight not only a great harvest, but also perfectly fit into the interior of the site.
Tree raspberry and is such a shrub. In addition to high yields, early ripening, excellent frost resistance, repairing (not all varieties of crimson trees are remontant), sufficient resistance to morbidity, tree-like raspberries are decorative and perfectly decorate any summer space.
Raspberry tree - the result of the work of biologist Mikhail Vasilyevich Gulenin. Standard raspberry is the newest direction of malioprovodstva. First grade was obtained in Moscow in 1987. In 1993, the Tarusa variety appeared, which was a breakthrough for Russian agronomists.
At the end of the 90s, the Kreplek tree-like raspberry was bred, and at the beginning of 2000, the Tale. These species are non-repairable. This is not the end of the work of breeders. They set out to get remontant varieties of crimson trees.
The first remontant species was Eurasia, bred in 1994 by free pollination of several interspecific remontant forms. And a little later - also the remontant look Penguin. In Russia, these varieties have become popular only since 2005.
Variety varieties and their description
Not all gardeners know about this amazing form of raspberry culture. A description of the varieties will help us learn more about the raspberry tree and, possibly, make a choice in its favor.
Standard raspberries can be divided into:
- non-repairable, that is, fruiting in certain periods,
- remontantnuyu, having a long fruiting period.
Non-repair varieties include:
These varieties combines the fruiting period - June-August.
Their fruiting occurs from the end of June to the very frost.
This variety is bred the very first and is most popular with Russian gardeners.
Tarusa is distinguished by the largest berries, the mass of which can reach 14 g. The fruits are irregular conical in shape, the color is saturated raspberry, in the period of full ripeness it is burgundy.The flesh is tender, with small bones, has a sweet, sour taste.
Ingredients 100 g of berries:
- sugar - 7.6%,
- acids - 1.6%,
- vitamin C - 34 mg.
On a five-point scale, taste is estimated at 4.1 points.
Plants - powerful, erect, up to 1.5-2 m tall, with lignified shoots. The leaves are large, bright green color form a powerful crown. Although the branches are thick, they can sag from the abundance of fruits, as well as break in strong winds, therefore, it is desirable to tie them up. Pollinated by bees.
Productivity - high, one bush gives up to 4 kg of fruits. Frost resistance is quite high (up to -30 ° C). The plants begin to bloom in May, and at the end of June the first fruits appear. Crop harvested in July. Use berries for canning and freezing. Well kept in dried form. Well transported, which allows you to grow a variety on an industrial scale.
Grow almost the entire territory of our country. In the northern regions is desirable shelter for the winter.
The name of the variety speaks for itself. The berries have a dense structure, and a rather large size. The mass of one berry can reach 10 g. The color is bright red, the shape is regular, conical. The flesh is juicy, with a rich sweet taste and aroma. The fruits are different in that they can persist on the bush for a long time without falling off.
100 g pulp:
- sugar - 7.5%,
- acids - 1.6%,
- Vitamin C - 37 mg.
Tasting score - 4.0 points.
Bushes are strong, up to 1.8 m tall, have powerful, thornless, shoots covered with wood that do not bend under the weight of fruits and when gusts of wind. Plants - pollinated.
Productivity - up to 4 kg per plant. Maturation - June-July. Harvest - the end of July. Frost - up to -30 ° C. Berries are eaten fresh, as well as dried, frozen, prepared from them jams, jams, juices, rubbed with sugar. Fruits are stored for a long time and are well transported.
Cultivated in the Kuban, in the Central and Central Black Earth regions, as well as in central Russia.
Very little is known about the variety. Description compiled by reviews of those who plant it in their plots.
The berries are a beautiful elongated shape, have dark red, almost burgundy, color and average weight up to 8 g. There are also larger specimens. Taste - juicy, closer to dessert. Due to the high juiciness is not suitable for transportation and storage. Do not grow for sale.
Data on the sugar content is not available.
The shrub up to 1.7 m has direct powerful shoots. Grows intensively, making it difficult to care for plants. Winter hardiness - moderate. When grown in the northern regions recommend shelter for the winter, which is quite difficult to perform, due to the large thickness of the shoots.
Productivity - 3-4 kg from a plant. Ripe berries begin in mid-July. Mass harvest in August. Fruits do not freeze. Basically, they are processed into jams and jams.
Grow up in Belarus, Ukraine, the south of Russia, in a midland and the Central area.
The variety is cultivated only in private garden farms, more often, just for collection. Farmers are looking for better options.
The variety is remontant. Dark raspberry berries, not very large, weighing up to 6 g, have a mild aroma and sour taste. Long stored on the bushes, not showered. Well transported and stored, which allows them to grow on an industrial scale. Fruits - universal use.
100 g pulp:
- sugar - 7.1%,
- acid - 1.75%,
- vitamin C - 35 mg.
Tasting score - 3.9 points.
Plants - low-growing (up to 1.5 m tall), erect. Shoots - strong, thick, do not bend under the abundance of berries. Growth is moderate. In the fall to be cut off at the root. Pollinated by bees.
Productivity - up to 5 kg from a bush. The variety is distinguished by high frost resistance, drought resistance and high resistance to temperature changes, as well as good decorative effect.The beginning of ripening is the end of June. Fruiting occurs before the first frost. Crops are harvested in several passes. The first collection - July, the second - September.
Cultivated in different climatic zones.
Another remontant variety, characterized by long-term fruiting and a magnificent appearance of plants, which allows it to be used for the design of garden plots.
Fruits do not differ in large size (the mass of a single berry is 5 g) or in taste. Sugar content too low makes the berries sour. The shape is more rounded than conical. Color - dark red. Long held on the branches, not showered. Transportability is good. Berry - universal use.
Ingredients 100 g:
- sugar - 6.8%,
- acids - 2.25%,
- Vitamin C - 37 mg.
The taste is estimated at 3.5 points.
the value of the variety - the plants themselves, from which it is impossible to take your eyes off. Bushes - powerful, sredneroslye (up to 1.5 m tall). Shoots - studded, strong, slightly curved. Large, bright green leaves form a beautiful rounded crown. Variety - one-year. Pollinated by bees.
Productivity - 2.5 kg per bush. Frost resistance is quite low (-26 ° C), however, it does not frighten gardeners who grow the variety in the northern regions, because the shoots are cut in the fall at the root. Berry ripening begins in July and lasts until late autumn. Harvesting is recommended to spend the entire period of fruiting at intervals of 1-2 days.
Photo landing scheme:
Raspberry tree unpretentious in growing and care. By following simple rules, you can easily achieve high yields.
Raspberries are light-loving culture, therefore, well-lit places protected from strong winds are chosen for planting.
Planting tree raspberries is recommended in the spring. To do this, a month before planting, prepare landing pits or trenches. The depth of the holes must be at least 50 cm, the diameter is the same. Trenches make the size of 100x100. The distance between the plants when they are planted in the pits is not less than 1 m, and in the trenches - not less than 50 cm. The distance between the rows should be at least 2.5 m.
As a fertilizer during planting, humus and wood ash are used in equal quantities. Pits and trenches are piled up to half with fertile soil mixed with fertilizers, seedlings are placed, straightened the roots, and poured with the remaining earth. Rammed and sprinkled with water, in the amount of 5-10 liters per bush. The distances around the plants are mulched with humus or peat.
Care - standard. It consists in watering, feeding, pruning and preparing for winter.
Terms of care:
- Raspberries are poured abundantly, as the topsoil dries out, avoiding moisture stagnation. Watering is recommended to increase in the period of fruit set and ripening.
- Top dressing spending three times per season. In the spring, plants are watered with a solution of cow dung or chicken manure (1 kg per bucket of water). During the setting of the fruits make a solution of the drug "Ideal" 3 tbsp. spoons per 10 liters of water with the addition of 2 tbsp. spoons nitrophoska. In the fall they are fed potassium sulfate (2 tablespoons diluted in 10 liters of water).
- Remontny varieties in the fall pruned at the root. Non-ceremonial species clear from sick, dry and weak shoots, leaving, as a rule, 1-2 strong branches. In the spring, after the blooming of leaves, side shoots are shortened by 5-10 cm,
- The remaining branches for the winter bend down and cover the covering material. If the bushes are cut at the root, then there will be enough snow cover for shelter.
Tree raspberry is fairly resistant to diseases and pests, however, sometimes plants can get sick:
- gray rot
- purple spot,
- ulcer spot
In order to prevent, in spring, plants are treated with various fungicides, the most popular of which is a 3% solution of Bordeaux mixture. Re-treatment is carried out in the autumn, after the plants are otterplant.
Also, crimson trees can be attacked by pests:
- raspberry beetle,
- raspberry moth
To avoid this scourge, it is possible to plant medical orderlies around raspberry bushes that scare away insects. These include:
In general, gardeners speak well of tree raspberries, however, some varieties cause mixed feelings among fans of this culture. The most popular variety among gardeners is raspberry Tarusa, judging by the reviews, it can be assessed as quite fruitful, cold-resistant, disease-resistant, with high taste and product qualities of fruits, well transported over long distances.
The disadvantages include the fact that such a tree does not grow at high soil moisture, and in rainy summer the fruits have a sour taste.
On the other varieties of tree raspberry gardeners do not respond very flattering, due to the sour taste of berries that have a low sugar content. But how about an ornamental shrub, about raspberry trees, excellent reviews. They are happy to decorate the dacha plots, despite the inconspicuous taste of their fruits.
It is difficult to make a choice of raspberry varieties, based only on the materials of the articles. The individual characteristics of the plots, their location, growing climate, and other important factors are of great importance in the cultivation of a variety, despite its decent description in the articles.
As long as you do not experiment yourself, you will not understand what kind of variety it is and how it will behave exactly on your site. Therefore, plant, experiment, learn, and our article will help you with this.
Canadian shadberry description
Let's start with the description. Irga is a fast-growing, fast-growing shrub long-liver. In the fruiting culture enters after planting in the third year. Life expectancy irgi 40-50 years. Frost resistance is excellent, without losses, it tolerates frosts up to 40 degrees. In the conditions of the Moscow region for the winter does not need shelter. Feels good plant and in more northern areas. Well-growing bushes are very light-requiring and when too densely planted they stretch strongly upwards and do not bear fruit well.
Shrub root system is superficial, the bulk of the roots is located at a depth of 40 cm, some goes deep into 1 m. The radius of the root system reaches 2 m.
Irga blooms in late April - early May, for 10-15 days. Flowers withstand short-term spring frosts down to -7 ° C.
The quality of the soil shrub is not demanding, drought-resistant. Irga grows rapidly - already in the third year after planting, it begins to bear fruit, and at the age of 8-10 years, a period of full productivity begins. The period of productivity is 20-30 years with an average yield of 8-10 kg of berries from a bush.
Irgi berries are a good multivitamin remedy containing vitamins C, B2, carotene, pectins, anthocyanins and trace elements (cobalt, copper, lead). The fruits are useful in the treatment of hypo-and avitaminosis, for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the cardiovascular system.
Flowering Canadian Jugpe Slate
Medicinal properties of irgi berries
- soothe the nervous system, are useful for insomnia and restless sleep,
- increase the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and strengthen them,
- used for the prevention of myocardial infarction and varicose veins (prevents the formation of blood clots),
- have a tonic effect, lower high blood pressure and normalize cholesterol levels
- used for the prevention of peptic ulcer and as an anti-inflammatory agent in the disorder of the gastrointestinal tract,
- useful berry in the fight against sclerosis,
- juice from fresh berries has astringent properties, so it is used to rinse the throat during inflammation.
Types and variety of varieties
Irga is from the Rosaceae family and has more than 25 species. The most common ones are:
Irga Canadian - shrub with drooping branches up to 6 meters high. Appreciated for very sweet, tasty berries weighing up to 1 g. Yield up to 6 kg / bush. Green lush, very good in hedges when planting through 2 meters. This is a fast-growing shrub with an annual increase of up to 40 cm in height and width.
For the past 60 years, Canada has been the center of breeding for the best varieties of irgi. The most popular among gardeners are:
- Pembina - height and width of a bush reach 5 meters. Crown spreading. The advantage of the variety is the formation of a small amount of root shoots.
- Smokey - shrub up to 4.5 m, crown as an open umbrella. A variety with a late flowering period, which makes it possible to avoid losing the ovary during late spring frosts. Smokey's berries have a large diameter of up to 14mm with a great aroma. Berries are the sweetest of all available varieties, fleshy and without astringency.
- Northline - a multi-trunk bush of medium size, vertical trunks. The berries are very large, up to 16 mm in diameter, blue-black with a waxy bloom. Maturation of non-cracking berries is amicable. Variety forms a lot of root shoots. Needs pollinator.
- Sturgeon - Multi-stemming shrub up to 3 m high. The variety is high-yielding, berry tassels are long, fruits are large and sweet.
- Thyssen - shrub reaching a height of 5 m with a highly sprawling rounded crown. It is the earliest, skoroplodny grade. The size of the berries of excellent taste reaches 17 mm in diameter. The fruit is fragrant with a slight sourness. Due to the uneven ripening of berries, the harvest period is extended in time. Frost resistance to - 28 ° C.
- Irga Lamarck - it is a large shrub or small tree up to 8 meters high. Crohn has a rounded shape. Unlike the Canadian irgi, it grows more slowly, the annual increment is no more than 25 cm in height. Irga Lamarck is very beautiful in the period of flowering and in the crimson decoration of foliage in the fall.
The trunks acquire a beautiful winding shape when performing regular shaping. Such trees look good in single plantings and alleys.
Blooming Canadian shadberry Lamarck
Planting, growing and care conditions
To the conditions of growing irga undemanding, care is not capricious.
In the garden or on the plot, it can be planted on the north side, as its multi-trunk bushes trap snow and protect it from the cold north winds. Next to it, it is good to plant raspberries, currants, gooseberries, for them it will serve as a good defense.
Plant irga can be both in spring and autumn. In the prepared pit, seedlings are planted 5-10 cm deeper than they grew before, this will contribute to the growth of a larger number of basal shoots. After planting and abundant watering, the soil around the seedlings is mulched, the plant is cut about 1/3 of the height, leaving no more than 5 well-developed buds. Plants are planted after 2-3 m, and when creating a hedge, it is preferable to plant them in a checkerboard pattern through 0.5-0.7 m in rows and between plants.
Further care is in watering during dry periods, loosening the soil around the bushes and feeding. Irga is responsive to fertilizer. During the season, it is advisable to feed it monthly with liquid organic fertilizers (infusions of mullein or bird droppings) combining them with watering and making foliar feeding with micronutrients. The plant will thank you.
If you decide to form a plant in the form of a multi-bush, in the first years after planting it is necessary to remove all weak shoots leaving 2-3 of the strongest zero shoots from the root shoots. A well-formed bush consists of 10 to 15 branches of different ages.
When the annual growth of shoots will be no more than 10 cm, proceed to the rejuvenating pruning, which consists in removing all weak and highly elongated shoots. The rest is cut to a height of 2.5 meters. All places of large sections surely need to be processed garden pitch.
Irgu Lamarck is formed by a tree with 3-5 trunks, the rest of all root shoots are removed during the whole season. The branches are shortened annually.
When using the Canadian shad to create a hedge it is necessary to cut it annually, shortening the annual growth of 10-15 cm. The annual pruning will contribute to better branching.
Pests and diseases
Irga Canadian is resistant to major fungal diseases and pests. It may be affected by the caterpillars of the currant leafworm, the caterpillar of the rosant leafworm. They harm the leaves and gnaw the tops of young shoots. For pest control in the processing of the garden you need to remember to spray irrigation shrubs.
During the ripening of the berries, birds cause great harm to her, who also love to feast on her juicy and tasty berries. In order to avoid yield loss, young bushes can be covered with a net. When the plants are already large, then the berries will be enough for everyone.
Vitamins - for the future
Irga bears fruit annually and abundantly, but its berries ripen unevenly and therefore they are harvested in several stages.
The shelf life of the collected berries is small for only 2-3 days if stored in a cool place (basement or refrigerator).
Compote, juices, jams, jellies, wine are made from the sweet berries of irgi, dried and frozen. Berry irgi because of the low content of acid they do not have a bright taste, but they have a very bright color. In connection with what they are very good to add to compotes from apples, pears and other fruits that do not have a pronounced color.
Characteristic of the irgi is the poor return of juice from fresh berries. After 5-7 days of laying, the juice yield during processing will be up to 80%.
Juice from irgi berries is good for eyes, heart, throat, vessels. Prepared juice is used to make fruit drinks, drinks, jelly.
Juice with sugar
Lying in a cool place for a week, the berries are washed, squeezed juice, mixed with sugar in a 1: 1 ratio. Heat the juice over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, not boiling. Heated juice is poured into glass jars or bottles, sealed and stored in a cool place.
From the prepared berries squeeze the juice, pour it into liter jars, pasteurized for 15-20 minutes and roll up the lids.
Irga Canadian due to its healing, taste and decorative qualities deserves an honorable place in the garden or in the country. Leaving is minimal, but there is an abundance of benefits and pleasures.
Description of popular varieties of standard raspberries
Who in the garden plot or in the garden does not have this wonderful berry. Raspberries - berry tasty and healthy, it is characterized by healing properties, it is grown on a trellis (wooden supports between which the wire is stretched or the rail is nailed).
Breeders are isolated four kinds of raspberry:
- Common raspberry.
Standard raspberry appeared at the end of the twentieth century in Russia. First grade Tarusa registered in 1993. This type of raspberry has become popular and sought after by gardeners.
Characteristics of the raspberry stem
Standard raspberry popularly called raspberry, has a thick sturdy stem that allows you to grow it without the use of trellis.
On each side shoot shoots are formed, on which the berries grow round or elongated, weighing from 4-5 g to 12-18 g depending on the variety.
Standard raspberry popularly called raspberry
Soil preparation for planting seedlings
Raspberries can be planted in spring and autumn. When planting the planting material in the fall, the place is prepared about two months before planting and it is advisable to plant either legumes, mustard or alfalfa on this site.
Herbs will enrich the soil with organic matter, and legumes with nitrogen and other trace elements.
Raspberry needs watering at the time when it blooms and when fruit are tied.
When choosing planting time in spring, the place is prepared in the fall. In spring, seedlings should be planted before budding, and in the fall, time is calculated so that the plants can harden before the start of frost.
When planting raspberries in the fall, spud at 12-15 centimeters, cover the lower buds so that they do not freeze.
Planted raspberries can be in the spring and autumn
Plants are planted in two ways.:
- By the belt method, a trench is prepared in advance and organic and mineral fertilizers are introduced into it.
- Shrubs, pits are made at a distance of 50-70 cm from each other.
The distance between rows is 1.5 - 2.0 m, so that the cultivator can be used for plowing between rows, and each bush will receive more light.
Fertilizers are applied in the trench or in the pit for planting and covered with a layer of earth.
Seedlings roots are cut, are released from the damaged ones, then descend into a mash (infusion of mullein or chicken droppings filled with clay) and spread on the ground.
The plant is poured with cooked earth and mulch around finely chopped straw manure.
Standard raspberry, as well as ordinary, unpretentious plant, but if the purpose of planting was to get a big crop, then care of raspberry bushes is absolutely necessary.
After planting, after two weeks, the bushes are already strengthened, and begin forming a bush. The tip of the shoot pinch (it is cut off on 10-15 cm). After that, the lateral buds wake up and by the autumn a shrub of several shoots is formed.
In the first year, planted in spring, raspberries do not produce much yield.
You may be interested in these articles:
In the fall, cut out all the fruitful shoots and leave the young. Their spring is pruned as well as the first, and the branching of the secondary branches takes place. This bush can give from 4 to 12 kg of berries.
After trimming bushes must be treated with Bordeaux mixture. Although standard raspberry varieties are resistant to diseases, but prevention does not hurt, remove last year's foliage, plow the rows between rows and mulch the ground around the plants with humus.
Weeding loosens the soil and prevents it from overheating.
Watering raspberries is necessary once a week.
Watering, with dry spring, is carried out 1 time per week., 10 liters for each bush. When flowering and fruiting plants demanding watering, otherwise the raspberry sheds the ovary and the resulting berries dry up.
At the time of formation of the ovaries, a second feeding with organic and inorganic fertilizers is carried out.
Autumn is the second treatment of plants from pests.. After such care, raspberries will delight with excellent harvest, large, juicy with a pleasant smell, berries.
Description of tree raspberry varieties
Tarusa - the first domestic variety of standard raspberry. It is most common among gardeners. The berries of this variety are large, conical, elongated, 4 - 12 g. Their weight is bright red with a pleasant smell.
The variety does not require pruning after the formation of the seed crown, the roots do not crawl around the plot. The trees are resistant to diseases, has a high yield.
This variety can be grown almost throughout Russia., although it is characterized by less frost resistance and requires bending of the bushes to the ground and their shelter with snow.
Berries large up to 10 cm, very tasty, fragrant. Sturdy fruits steadily regardless of fluctuations in external conditions. Gives many replacement stems, prone to overgrowing.
This variety is well propagated by cuttings. High-yielding, from a bush receive up to 4 kg of berries.
The variety is frost resistant, resistant to diseasesand high-yielding. Up to 12 kg of berries are harvested from the bush, they tolerate transportation well, they do not crumple.
Varieties of standard raspberries: Tarusa, Tale, Galaxy, Penguin, Eurasia, Fortress, etc.
Penguin and Eurasia
Varieties Penguin and Eurasia are annual varieties. After fruiting, their shoots are cut almost to the ground. In this way, these varieties are preserved in the winter and in the spring they give new shoots from the root.
Have large berries, fruit from late July to September, tasty and fragrant berries weighing 4-5 g.
Today there are a lot of varieties of standard raspberries, which allows to satisfy the tastes of most gardeners.
Raspberry trees with yellow and black berries appeared, this is for gourmets, and they become the decoration of garden plots.
Basics of care and planting raspberries or grow chic raspberry
Gardeners have long grown raspberries in the suburban areas. Planting seedlings produced according to certain rules, in compliance with the required length of the row spacing. Beautiful raspberries are planted using a tensioned cord on the pegs, keeping a distance between the seedlings. Along the perimeter, the raspberries are surrounded by a small “fence” so that the shrub grows in even rows. The main care is pest and disease control, as well as maintaining the soil under the shrubs in a loose state. An important stage of care is fertilizer plants. Raspberry does not require abundant watering, it is produced when planting seedlings, before flowering and as needed during ripening.
How to plant raspberries
Among the dacha vegetation raspberry takes pride of place. Grow and love her for the abundance of vitamins, dietary properties. Landing - effortless event. To plant raspberries, you need to follow simple rules. The bush is rather unpretentious, maintains low winter temperatures, it can be planted in almost any soil. The raspberry harvest is high. But, like any shrub, planting raspberries should be carried out according to all the rules. It is important to determine how to plant a raspberry and care for it in the process of growth and fruiting. The video at the end of the recording describes how the raspberry breeding process takes place. Thus, the reproduction is carried out in such varieties: Heracles, Tarusa and Cumberland.
Before planting raspberries, soil treatment becomes important. The grown shrub does not respond best to debris and soil density, and requires care. Accordingly, before planting raspberries, the ground should be cleared of weeds and dig, fluff. During the growing season, the raspberry shrub is loosened about 6 times. The depth of loosening is 7-9 centimeters. Landing is made in the pit or the trench. This can be done in spring or autumn. It is also possible planting raspberries in the summer. In this way, bushes of varieties Heracles and Cumberland sit down.
Trench planting is more laborious than planting raspberries in pits, but supplying each bush individually with nutrients is better provided. 20-30 days before planting shrubs in trenches, they need to be prepared:
Next, mark the plot for planting raspberries. To do this, you can insert pegs, pull on them with a rope. Thus, you get a flat trench. Its width should not exceed 60 centimeters, depth - 40–45 centimeters. At the bottom of the prepared trench lay out a layer of nutrient mixture with a thickness of about 10 centimeters. In this way, such varieties as Heracles and Cumberland are often planted.
You can use both ready-made fertilizers and self-cooked. It is not difficult to prepare fertilizer: right on the bottom of the trench, the compost and manure are poured in equal proportions and mixed, then evenly distributed along the bottom. Most often, this kind of fertilizer is used for such varieties: Heracles, Tarusa and Cumberland.
Before planting seedlings can be added to the trench ash. Saplings in a trench should be at a distance of 70 centimeters, and the row spacing should be about 1.8 meters. The rows should preferably be located along the south-north line.
Landing in the pit
Raspberry bushes in the pit are planted in the fall or spring.Place for landing should be chosen on the sunny side, blown by the wind. We dig a hole with a diameter of up to 40 centimeters. This should be done at least a week before planting the raspberries, so that the soil has time to settle. At the bottom, as well as when planting raspberries in trenches, we place fertilizers: 6 kilograms of manure, 200 grams of superphosphate, 200 grams of ash and 50 grams of potassium sulphate. This is the most rational and effective composition of the nutritional mixture for the care of raspberries.
The mixture is mixed with the ground and plentifully filled with water. After two weeks, you can begin planting seedlings. The roots of the plant are cut and treated with a clay mash. The sapling is set on a hillock piled at the bottom, distributing roots along its slopes. Carefully fill the sapling with earth, periodically shaking the plant to evenly distribute the soil. Having rammed the earth around the seedling, it is necessary to water it with 3-4 buckets of water.
When planting seedlings should take care that the shrubs are not "sprawled" on the site. To do this, around the perimeter of the whole raspberry it is advisable to dig a galvanized or aluminum sheet up to 20 centimeters high.
What should include care?
It is not enough to know how to plant raspberries correctly. It is important to organize the correct and timely care of the bush. There are so many varieties of raspberries. Among them, the most famous are: taganka, Polana, Tarusa, Heracles and Cumberland.
The reproduction of the shrub comes from the root system. Raspberry shoots are two years old, but I start producing crops only in the second year of growth. Planting and care for raspberries must necessarily include pruning. Prune thin or damaged stems, leaving 5–7 healthy, strong raspberry shoots. A large number of shoots significantly reduces the yield of the bush. In spring, the stem is pruned at a height of one and a half meters from the root, the largest and high-quality berries grow in this area of the stem.
Autumn bushes must feed. This can be done as follows: to 2–3 peat buckets add 100 grams of nitrate or urea and pour it under the root of the plant, bypassing the stem. After applying fertilizers, soil is loosened by 8-10 centimeters. Watering should be done only when planting or feeding. Dry summer can additionally be watered with raspberries as needed. It is very important not to allow such raspberry varieties as Heracles and Cumberland to dry out.
It is also important to organize the proper protection of shrubs from all sorts of pests, as raspberries are quite susceptible to diseases. The most common disease is stem spotting. The plant does not die from it, but the frost resistance of the plant is significantly reduced.
Raspberry disease can begin due to frequent watering, untimely cleansing the soil from weeds, or increased acidity of the soil. When purchasing seedlings, pay attention to the variety Hercules, it is resistant to diseases and the effects of pests, besides, it bears fruit until the first frost. Polana raspberry Polish selection resistant to fungal diseases and many pests, unpretentious in the care.
Raspberry varieties differ not only in taste, but even in color. Cumberland Black Raspberry looks like a familiar mulberry or blackberry. The fruits of this variety, in addition to external unusualness, have a vitamin composition, they do not crumble from the bush for a long time, they are stored both fresh and frozen for quite a long time.
Care of this variety is quite simple: the birds do not peck berries because of their color, it does not require additional shelter even in cold weather, and there are almost no pests on this species. The repair raspberry Taganka interrupts fructification only with the onset of severe frosts. May produce two crops per season, and the second crop may be larger than the first with the right care.
The raspberry variety Tarusa is also called a raspberry tree.This raspberry of the stem-type is resistant to many major diseases, withstands frost up to -30 ° C, the berries are very large, weighing up to 16 grams. The advantage of raspberries is the ability not to apply pruning and to establish support, since raspberries of this variety look like a tree with a fairly dense stem. Caring for such a raspberry is simple.
Harvest will please only that raspberry, care for which will be carried out according to the rules. It is also important to properly store seedlings in the winter. If frosts began in the fall, it is better not to plant the plant, but to keep it until spring.
To do this, the plant is placed in a plastic bag filled with wet sawdust, and left open before the onset of heat. When purchasing seedlings, pay attention to the shoots of the plant. Choose a plant with medium or thin stems, do not chase their number. The root system must be clean, not dried. Keep the roots on the air for a long time can not be: after the purchase, immediately fill the root of the seedling with sawdust or dig up.
Video "Autumn Raspberry Planting"
Video, the importance of the correct approach to the landing of raspberries in the ground. How to plant and how to fertilize raspberries in the fall. Watch this video and learn how to plant raspberry varieties like taganka, polana, tarusa, heracles and cumberland, as well as how the reproduction process takes place at home.
Raspberry Canadian: description and cultivation of a variety
Today there are a huge number of raspberry varieties, among which the standard ones are very popular. Recently, the Canadian raspberry variety, which is a prominent representative among the best varieties of this group, is often found at the dacha plots. In our article, we will give a description of this species and describe how to care for it.